Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 112 of 199
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Hippi3Slay3r 07:00 PM 05-19-2020
If your a fan of Rye's give this a try you won't be disappointed.
[Reply]
stearns 07:13 AM 05-20-2020
I've heard good stuff about Rabbit Hole but haven't had a chance to try yet, I'll put it on the list :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 AM 05-20-2020
Thanks Kyle. I've seen Rabbit Hole at some of the Binny's stores, but was hoping to find it in a bar (no time soon I guess :-) ) and try before buying.

Last night's pours. When your first pour is at 100 proof, there's no where to got but up. Way up! :-) :-)

[Reply]
stearns 09:24 AM 05-21-2020
You inspired me to have a pour of EH Taylor Small Batch last night. That stuff never disappoints, I was listening to a local podcast doing a review of a few different Taylors and one guy mentioned that a distributor said they are always out of stock because "if you can get it, why would you need anything else?"

Makes sense :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:36 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
You inspired me to have a pour of EH Taylor Small Batch last night. That stuff never disappoints, I was listening to a local podcast doing a review of a few different Taylors and one guy mentioned that a distributor said they are always out of stock because "if you can get it, why would you need anything else?"

Makes sense :-)
Definitely one of my go-to BiBs, Ben. Locally, haven't seen anything but SB, would love to run into a bottle of Barrel Proof but not holding my breath.

Black Carl made last night enjoyable, so enjoyable I forgot the picture 'til after I slurped it all up. (Phrasing).

[Reply]
stearns 09:47 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Definitely one of my go-to BiBs, Ben. Locally, haven't seen anything but SB, would love to run into a bottle of Barrel Proof but not holding my breath.
I'd buy a single barrel in a second. Really want to try the 18 year that's coming out this year, but I think we both know how likely that will be
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 AM 05-21-2020
I'd buy a single barrel in a second. Really want to try the 18 year that's coming out this year, but I think we both know how likely that will be
Me too, even though I know the barrels can vary widely. I hadn't even heard about the 18 year, but figure it will be like finding a virgin at Planned Parenthood. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:55 AM 05-21-2020
The release name is "18 Year Marriage." I heard it being described by as hard to find as two 18 year olds getting married and staying together for 18 years :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 01:10 PM 05-21-2020
The release name is "18 Year Marriage." I heard it being described by as hard to find as two 18 year olds getting married and staying together for 18 years :-)

But did it survive a tornado? :-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 10:17 AM 05-25-2020
Still new to bourbons, Really like eagle rare, just finished Basil Hayden which was good but not great, bout to try Elijah Craig Small Batch later tonight! Any other under $50 bottle suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:40 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
Still new to bourbons, Really like eagle rare, just finished Basil Hayden which was good but not great, bout to try Elijah Craig Small Batch later tonight! Any other under $50 bottle suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Four Roses Small Batch and Single Barrel are both quite good and can be had for in the mid-$30 range.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:11 PM 05-25-2020
Early Times Bottled in Bond
EH Taylor Small Batch BiB
New Riff (rye or bourbon)
Sazerac

Sure there's many more, I'm just brain farting now. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:12 PM 05-25-2020

Booker's Broken Biscuits last night with an '04 RyJ Ex. 4
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 05-26-2020

A taste of Kentucky, via Texas. Thanks Johnny an Tony. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:43 AM 05-26-2020
Good stuff right there!
[Reply]
stearns 08:48 AM 05-26-2020
Had a pour of EH Taylor SB back to back with Eagle Rare the other night, really helped highlight the differences. Both were great but I think if I had to pick one it'd be the Taylor. At some point I'd like to review my open bottles before they turn into empty bottles, but I suck at reviewing

So many good options, other than the ones that Tom said I'd look into Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (<$20 and delicious), Makers 46, Buffalo Trace, or if you can find it any Weller expressions (the green label, "Special Reserve" or "SR" is fantastic and $20 for a 750 msrp). You're already onto Elijah Craig, if you like that try to find a bottle of their barrel proof releases, they come out 3 times a year but are all great, although that may get you up closer to the $60 range (and may be higher ABV than you're looking for). If you're feeling rye, give Old Forester Rye or Rittenhouse a try, they're both great and under $30.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:26 PM 05-26-2020
Had a pour of EH Taylor SB back to back with Eagle Rare the other night, really helped highlight the differences. Both were great but I think if I had to pick one it'd be the Taylor. At some point I'd like to review my open bottles before they turn into empty bottles, but I suck at reviewing
I agree that Taylor trumps Eagle Rare (for my palate), and disagree that you suck at reviewing. :-)

So many good options, other than the ones that Tom said I'd look into Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (<$20 and delicious), Makers 46, Buffalo Trace, or if you can find it any Weller expressions (the green label, "Special Reserve" or "SR" is fantastic and $20 for a 750 msrp). You're already onto Elijah Craig, if you like that try to find a bottle of their barrel proof releases, they come out 3 times a year but are all great, although that may get you up closer to the $60 range (and may be higher ABV than you're looking for). If you're feeling rye, give Old Forester Rye or Rittenhouse a try, they're both great and under $30.
Good suggestions, Ben, though where one lives will play heavily on the price of the Weller SR. Especially love the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof if you're willing to spend up, the last two releases I have are amazing (C919 & A120). I saw the C520 has started popping up, it's about 4.5% lower on the ABV.
[Reply]
stearns 08:19 AM 05-27-2020
Last night had a pour of Dickel BiB and one of Kentucky Spirit. Both tasty, very different but I think I liked the Dickel a little more
[Reply]
icehog3 09:21 AM 05-27-2020
Willett 4 year and McKenna 10 year last night. Willett does it better in only 40% of the time. :-)

[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:47 PM 05-27-2020
One of my favorites is Woodford Reserve. I think it runs $35-40.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 199
« First < 1262102110111112 113114122162 > Last »
Up