Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 54
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Discussion>New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart
Curly Cut 04:09 PM 01-26-2009
sealed can/tins keep forever, or until they rust or the seal is broken.

cans/tins that have been opened, but close back up, are not "sealed" any longer.
(i replied in your other thread before seeing this one)
[Reply]
Nick 06:44 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
damn, i had a real question, too.
bunch a VD carryin harry tongued pipe smokers.
I just saw this, haha.....wow bad visual.
[Reply]
piperman 06:51 PM 01-28-2009
Mr Moo I got the goods, thank you very much. Now I have to learn to smoke.
[Reply]
12stones 07:00 PM 01-28-2009
Okay, what's the best way to fill your pipe with cake tobacco?
[Reply]
Nick 07:17 PM 01-28-2009
The best way is the way that works best for you.

I crumble it up and sometimes rub it out.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 10:02 PM 01-28-2009
just break it apart into little ribbons. load pipe as usual with ribbon.
it pretty much just falls apart in little flake like pieces of tobacco. almost like particle board.
[Reply]
Root 07:27 AM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Okay, what's the best way to fill your pipe with cake tobacco?
Just my way and it may not be the best but i enjoy cake.

Big chunks go on the bottom and i work my way up the bowl to the fine grit at the top.
[Reply]
Nick 02:14 PM 01-29-2009
I have a Rany Wiley that comes to a point at the bottom of the bowl where the draft hole is. The problem is that the tobacco get so condensed at the bottom of the bowl that it has been nearly impossible to smoke it dry. Is there a way to fill or smoke this pipe to make it smoke clear and dry? Thank you

Nick
[Reply]
Mister Moo 02:51 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
I have a Rany Wiley that comes to a point at the bottom of the bowl where the draft hole is. The problem is that the tobacco get so condensed at the bottom of the bowl that it has been nearly impossible to smoke it dry. Is there a way to fill or smoke this pipe to make it smoke clear and dry? Thank you

Nick
We still talking cake here - or any tobacco? Not that it would matter so much. but...
[Reply]
Mister Moo 03:03 PM 01-29-2009
Originally Posted by Root:
Just my way ... grit at the top.
Tiny stuff on top for me too; it permits the easiest light that leads to the most even burn which, for me, leads to the most carefree pleasurable smoke.
[Reply]
Nick 03:06 PM 01-29-2009
Well the pipe won't smoke dry towards the bottom therefore it is not developing cake and because there is no cake it won't smoke dry at the bottom. I'm looking for tip in tobacco filling or possibly smoking technique. I only have this problem in this pipe.
[Reply]
Big D KC 03:16 PM 01-29-2009
I'm by no means an Old Fart, but first thing that comes to mind is to start smoking 1/4 to 1/2 bowls of some prince albert or carter hall in it to work on caking that portion first. It will be burnt and gone before any real moisture builds. Once it starts to cake down there the dryness should come, which will allow bigger bowls. Rinse & repeat till your smokin full ones!
[Reply]
Nick 03:20 PM 01-29-2009
I've been trying the 1/2 bowls with little success I may have to pick up some PA for it though.
[Reply]
uncballzer 05:54 PM 01-29-2009
Don't let the bad ole Moo scare you guys! Think of him as Dr. House from the show House, or Dr. Cox from Scrubs. Or, for you old farts, Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge; he won't hold it for you while taking a leak, but he'll have you smoking a pipe perfectly faster than Will Ferrel can make another $hitty movie!
[Reply]
Nick 06:16 PM 01-29-2009
True, last good one was Anchorman.
[Reply]
Slow Triathlete 07:42 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:

Nick
Just thread some pipe cleaners in there a couple of times when you are smoking. I do this often to clear out the draft hole and also to dry things up in the bottom of the pipe.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 07:54 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by uncballzer:
...he won't hold it for you while taking a leak,
I thought the attornies agreed this was a private matter? Jeez. In my own thread, too.

I was wondering if Nick's pipe might be a little restricted on the airway. Have you checked the hole diameter with a drill for a clear 5/16", Nick? A slight restriction can keep a good pipe damp or gurgling. And a slight routing out can make it dry in about 3-seconds.

I never messed with that srt of thing until the good EvanS sent me a Senior (how appropriate) Reamer. Hidden in the handle is a 5/16" bit with a nice knurled grabber-knob on one end. A couple of twists with that thing has made a big difference in a few on my pipes.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 08:26 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
5/16"
Oops. Make that 5/32", not 5/16".
[Reply]
Nick 09:30 AM 01-30-2009
I have done that with nearly all my pipes but this one seemed to draw pretty good from the start. Next time i go home I may try it anyway. That 5/32 drill bit has sure done alot of good for me though.
[Reply]
BigFrank 06:04 PM 01-30-2009
Anyone have any tips or methods for re-hydrating baccy. Without buying those little button things?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 54
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up