Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 54
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Discussion>New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart
Nick 06:57 PM 01-14-2009
I'm not an old fart at almost 22 but I've been smoking a pipe since I was old enough to buy one so I guess that qualifies me.
[Reply]
Big D KC 08:57 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Curly Cut:
pipe guardian case from mr. bundles.
http://www.mrbundles.com/product_inf...oducts_id/1491

That thing is awesome!
[Reply]
Nick 09:49 PM 01-14-2009
It looks just like a hard pistol case, hell I got some of those.
[Reply]
Big D KC 10:27 PM 01-14-2009
As do I, its the inserts that make the difference!
[Reply]
Curly Cut 12:43 PM 01-26-2009
What's the best way to get rid of oxidation from stems without having to buy a buffer?
sandpaper; toothpaste; gloss over it with olive oil; only have lucite stems?
[Reply]
TheRealBonger 01:24 PM 01-26-2009
Magic eraser worked really well on my pipe. those things are amazing to have around the house :-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 01:41 PM 01-26-2009
What's the best way to get rid of oxidation from stems without having to buy a buffer?
sandpaper; toothpaste; gloss over it with olive oil; only have lucite stems.
Answering your own questions? You are obviously a qualified Old Fart. Duly noted and registered, along with the Kid. Welcome new Old Farts. Thanks for bringing your experience to newbloids with pesky questions.

Mister Moo (Dan)
Root
Slow Triathlete
Sr Mike
DubInTheDam
Neuromancer
Nick (Kid Pipe)
Curly Cut
[Reply]
Nick 01:44 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
Answering your own questions? You are obviously a qualified Old Fart. Duly noted and registered, along with the Kid. Welcome new Old Farts. Thanks for bringing your experience to newbloids with pesky questions.

Mister Moo (Dan)
Root
Slow Triathlete
Sr Mike
DubInTheDam
Neuromancer
Nick (Kid Pipe)
Curly Cut
Are you talking about me.:-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 02:13 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Are you talking about me.:-)
I'm afraid so, Nick. At 22 you're well qualified to be an Instructor Old Fart but I'm going to call you The Kid or Kid Pipe. With all due respect. Unless it bothers you - in which case, you don't have to be The Kid. This is a cordial thread and there's no way I'll tag you with a (Quick) Nick Name you don't fancy.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 02:15 PM 01-26-2009
damn, i had a real question, too.
bunch a VD carryin harry tongued pipe smokers.
[Reply]
Big D KC 02:17 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by TheRealBonger:
Magic eraser worked really well on my pipe. those things are amazing to have around the house :-)
I didn't have as good as luck with the magic eraser as I thought I would have, based on the recommendations from everybody. It somewhat worked, but still left behind quite a bit. If I would have worked them more then I did I fear I would have removed too much stem material. Not to mention you still have to buff them backup afterwards somehow as they will be pretty dull from the magic eraser.

I think in the end a buffer is going to be called for. Only thing I am still having trouble with on the restoration processes is stems.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 02:22 PM 01-26-2009
i HAD magic erasers, but wifey thought it best to use them on the dang kitchen sinks.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 02:27 PM 01-26-2009
damn, i had a real question, too.
bunch a VD carryin harry tongued pipe smokers.
You are so full of it. You already KNOW the answer to the VD geological hairy tongue question, too. It is wrong to keep asking questions you already know the answer to. Besides, you're hear to ANSWER the hairy tongue pipe smoker VD questions, not ASK them. Jee-zoe. Do you need a manual on this?

They ax - you answer.

Who put you up to this? The Kid? :-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 02:30 PM 01-26-2009
I like the Micro-Mesh abrasive cloth-backed paper that Smarvy set me up with. It will scour and polish vulcanite, lucite, glass - everything. Great stuff. Never had the good luck with Magic Eraser that others talk about.

http://www.amazon.com/MICRO-MESH-SAN...ef=pd_sim_hi_1
[Reply]
Curly Cut 02:32 PM 01-26-2009
abrasive cloth-backed paper that Smarvy set me up with. They will scour and polish vulcanite, lucite, glass - everything.
where for art thou found?
[Reply]
Mister Moo 02:36 PM 01-26-2009
where for art thou found?
I added a link but, if you like, I'll send you some samples to try. You may prefer the foam backed stuff - I have the cloth. The cloth is very washable, soft and bendy - nothing like sandpaper - but the foam stuff might be easier to handle.
[Reply]
Curly Cut 02:43 PM 01-26-2009
thx for yet another offer, dan, but you've give me enough already.
[Reply]
Nick 03:19 PM 01-26-2009
I'm afraid so, Nick. At 22 you're well qualified to be an Instructor Old Fart but I'm going to call you The Kid or Kid Pipe. With all due respect. Unless it bothers you - in which case, you don't have to be The Kid. This is a cordial thread and there's no way I'll tag you with a (Quick) Nick Name you don't fancy.
HAHA that's fine with me, I am a man of few nicknames and always welcome another.:-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 03:39 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
HAHA that's fine with me, I am a man of few nicknames and always welcome another.:-)
Kid Pipe it is, then.

Any pipe/tobak questions for an Old Fart out there, people? We don't have all day.
[Reply]
Killjoy 03:44 PM 01-26-2009
I had a question (I am aplologizing now for the cross posting) how long do sealed cans/tins of tobacco usually keep for???? Where I live it is so dry I usually end up pitching most of it before i can smoke it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 54
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up