Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Epicure Review
Outlaw God 01:54 PM 07-03-2013
$5. - $7.
6 x 54
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper, Nicaraguan Maduro
Wrapper Leaf Type: Habano

Prelight: Leather, cocoa, manure, hay

1st 1/3
Semi sweet chocolate, coffee, leather, lots of flavor, emmm yummy stick so far, makes me smile :-)

Great draw, lot of waterfall smoke rolling off, creamy finish

Interesting that the spice note is in the background and cuts down on the complexity of the cigar but that's not stopping me from having a very relaxed smoke, a great example of this type of cigar: chocolate, coffee, etc.

2nd 1/3
Nice straight burn, needing no touch-ups
Considered full body but I would take it down a notch to medium range.
Semi-sweet cocoa and coffee and cocoa aroma continue in a creamy fashion

Final 1/3
Looking for a desert cigar after dinner? this would do a hansom job, no bitter after taste, just dominate creamy chocolate, coffee notes.

I think everyone would enjoy this stick, although the veteran consumer would want more complexity but for a switch-up this one fits the bill.

This cigar would be perfect in a "cigar 101 class" showing when spice and pepper are absent how the dimension of the cigar is limited.

If spice and pepper where put into this stick it would defeat the purpose of it's architecture.
Although I hate pepper bomb cigars I'm beginning to understand its purpose better and my personal evolution of taste but a super nice cigar.
Smoke time: 1 hr 20 min
Score 8.5 out of 10
Attached: P1100077.jpg (107.5 KB) 
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:57 PM 07-03-2013
Nice review, have to say you're lucky, I usually have a pretty good pallet for things like wine and food (must be my huge nose... lol) With cigars it's slow to come around, if I know what to look for I can start to pick out the subtle flavors, unless it's an outrageous cigar and just amazing, but you seem to just nail every one them. :-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 02:59 PM 07-03-2013
While quite a few folks here seem to hate Perdomo cigars, I like several. The 10th Anni Maduro and Criollo are solid smokes IMO. I also enjoy a Limited Reserve Oscuro from time to time.
[Reply]
marktomblin57 03:21 PM 07-03-2013
I wish I had a boxcar full. Man I absolutely LOVE this stick. T like comfort food when your very hungry. You just can't have just one. Mmmmm.

:-)
[Reply]
Up