Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Re-Upped my Cigar Oasis (picture intensive)
BamBam 06:06 PM 04-01-2009
http://www.americas-future.com/poly-...ls-p-1468.html

I found these. Would they work. :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 06:13 PM 04-01-2009
Never mind link dead
[Reply]
BamBam 06:25 PM 04-01-2009
Think these might work also....opinions?

http://weddingbella.weddingstar.com/...:442;?cur=USD&

http://www.icestandard.org/products/...er-pearls.html
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:32 PM 04-23-2009
I've been debating on doing this on my XL plus but not sure if I should quite yet...
[Reply]
OLS 07:24 AM 04-28-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Rofl.

Down here catalytic converters are being stolen left and right. There's about $300 worth of copper in them, so they're disappearing off of trucks and SUV's pretty regularly.
I think it is PLATINUM in cat convs....
[Reply]
STYX&STONED 11:56 AM 05-12-2009
Myself & several of the guys I herf with on a regular basis have just removed the foam to increase the volume of water that it holds and left it at that. It still does as it claims to but there is a lot less time spent in baby sitting the water level.......... Putting any media back in it will just consume space in the water cartridge and seem kind of pointless in this type of device.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:08 PM 05-13-2009
so you are saying that you are now "water only" in the cartridge?

i thought about that originally but i decided to use the crystals so the humidity would enver spike too high. but now im just using beads to safeguard that.... perfect combo (even though i havent needed the beads, just did it for peace of mind)
[Reply]
STYX&STONED 06:46 AM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
so you are saying that you are now "water only" in the cartridge?

i thought about that originally but i decided to use the crystals so the humidity would enver spike too high. but now im just using beads to safeguard that.... perfect combo (even though i havent needed the beads, just did it for peace of mind)
Just water in the Oasis and a large Tupperware lid with the edges trimmed down a bit to fit under the bottom shelf with about 1lb. of 65% beads in it.
No bubbles no troubles!!!
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:57 AM 05-15-2009
yep, i never needed the safeguard (before i put beads in there) but the beads give me peace of mind!
[Reply]
Toasted Coastie 07:27 PM 07-13-2009
This is exactly what I was looking for. Sorry to bump an old thread folks, but one more question:

I have the Hydra LG and have removed it due to the humidity this summer (tons of rain up this way). When I removed it and let it dry out, the cartrdge was moldier than a 5 month old glass of milk. So I would like to do the whole "gell" thing.

Should I do half the beads with PG and half of them with just distilled?
[Reply]
kydsid 09:59 AM 07-14-2009
I don't use 50/50 with the gel in my oasis only distilled water. I am unsure if 50/50 would accomplish anything as the beads are only designed to hold water.

I will say that when I went through the process after S15 posted this thread I tried two different types of gell I found at the local hobby shop. I tried a spherical type and a more chunky random type. I like the latter as the spheres seem too good at holding water and were designed more to look nice in a vase.
[Reply]
shilala 10:06 AM 07-14-2009
I tore the foam out of my hydras a long time ago.
I fill them with distilled water, and every time they go empty I scrub them out with a bottle brush.
I tried the gel route and the gel would crust over in the hydra and then they'd go off on the alarm. Plus the gel turns green and grows stuff.
Just plain old distilled water seems to work real well. :-)
[Reply]
Toasted Coastie 04:51 PM 07-14-2009
working this project right now with the "Cracked Ice". Great idea. Thanks everyone for the solid input and tips in this thread.
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:00 PM 09-20-2009
Any updates?

Bart
[Reply]
captain53 05:55 AM 09-21-2009
I debated about what to do with the oasis after it ruined about 40 cigars and took the easy route, stomped the crap out of it and threw it in the trash where it belonged. Worst $100 piece of junk ever. Nothing on them works right on any kind of dependable basis. Sorry but I rant on certain things that I feel are inferior and I am still venting on the Oasis after 2 years.:-) Beads have relieved my humidity headache quite well.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:59 PM 09-21-2009
stil lrunning strong, for a while i ran just straight Distilled Water, works excellent!
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 12:08 PM 09-22-2009
Had mold in my Oasis and took sponge out

Ordered some water beads and will see what happens

Bart
[Reply]
Agent11br 02:34 PM 09-23-2009
Did S15's cracked ice method on my oasis ultra several months ago and haven't had a single issue, works like a champ!
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:46 AM 09-24-2009
Here are some detailed pics of the Watersorb crystals I added to my Oasis after ripping the foam out.......amazing how they grow so quickly

Word of caution: Make sure not to put too many in the Oasis or the crystals will rise and possibly interact with the Oasis fan :-)

Bart

Raw form in bag

Dry in cup before water

Added some water

Growing......
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 10:46 AM 09-24-2009
and growing

and growing

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >