Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Question for people in constant high heat weather.
smitty81 02:04 PM 02-28-2012
How do you guys keep your sticks on the cooler side apart from using the air conditioning in your house?
[Reply]
Fia 02:20 PM 02-28-2012
Freeze them before putting them in the humidor! That being said, most mfgs are freezing their cigars prior to shipment so it might not be so bad.
[Reply]
Ogre 02:38 PM 02-28-2012
Keep your humidor away from windows and exterior walls. Keep towards the center of the house and interior walls. If needed get a vinodoor and it will regulate temp like a fridge.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:54 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Fia:
Freeze them before putting them in the humidor! That being said, most mfgs are freezing their cigars prior to shipment so it might not be so bad.
How long will that keep them cool? A few hours?
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:20 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
How do you guys keep your sticks on the cooler side apart from using the air conditioning in your house?
Out of curiosity -- what are thinking when you say "cooler side"? What is the typical ambient temperature in your house?
[Reply]
smitty81 04:43 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Out of curiosity -- what are thinking when you say "cooler side"? What is the typical ambient temperature in your house?
my house stays anywhere from 63-75 in the winter and 73-76 in the summer. I was mostly asking those people that fight upper 80-90 degree weather all year.
[Reply]
Chingas 04:48 PM 02-28-2012
I don't have high heat all year but for a few consecutive months it's high. For my regular smokes, I use wine coolers.

For my overflow, I close the door to the office (smallest room in the house) and set the ac to a moderate temp. From my understanding, if it's under 77 degrees, you should be alright. That being said, I prefer 70. The overflow cigars are in regular coolers with either beads or boveda packs.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:52 PM 02-28-2012
There is no place in the world with 80-90degree temps year long. They may have average daily high temperatures this high but it does cool off at night.

I assume you are asking with reference to beetles? Beetles need sustained high temperatures to hatch, most places cool off at night so even though it might get warm during the day the night time cooling will often go below the critical point.

Many of us(including myself) use wine coolers to keep temperatures lower. But I no longer plug in my wine coolers, I found it much easier to freeze all my boxes for 3-4 days before putting them in a cooler.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 04:54 PM 02-28-2012
I keep most of my cigars in my edgestar, I keep my desktop away from the exterior wall and across from an AC duct, AC is always between 70 and 73
[Reply]
jluck 04:54 PM 02-28-2012
What are you trying to accomplish?
[Reply]
icehog3 05:10 PM 02-28-2012
my house stays anywhere from 63-75 in the winter and 73-76 in the summer. I was mostly asking those people that fight upper 80-90 degree weather all year.
I am curious why you are asking then...are you writing a book? :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 05:15 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am curious why you are asking then...are you writing a book? :-)
Always a joker Tom!!!

Maybe he's planning a move.

I like the book thought better...
[Reply]
icehog3 05:16 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Always a joker Tom!!!

Maybe he's planning a move.

I like the book thought better...
I wasn't joking. :-)
[Reply]
mmblz 05:19 PM 02-28-2012
otterbox. bathtub. 5 bags of ice daily.
:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:46 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by mmblz:
Must be the small Otterbox. :-)
[Reply]
markem 05:58 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by mmblz:
why would you put a small, aquatic animal in a cage, James? I had heard that lawyers were mean and cruel, but ... :-)
[Reply]
Hem 05:59 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
Keep your humidor away from windows and exterior walls. Keep towards the center of the house and interior walls. If needed get a vinodoor and it will regulate temp like a fridge.
^ This!

I find myself googling winedor's daily now...I want..need..one..ugh
[Reply]
pnoon 06:00 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
why would you put a small, aquatic animal in a cage, James? I had heard that lawyers were mean and cruel, but ... :-)
Yes, James is a lawyer. But why would you drag him into it when it is Julian torturing the cute little otters?
[Reply]
markem 06:01 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Yes, James is a lawyer. But why would you drag him into it when it is Julian torturing the cute little otters?
Julian is too nice to say such things, but James isn't. Ergo ... :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:02 PM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Julian is too nice to say such things, but James isn't. Ergo ... :-)
But James doesn't mmbl(z). :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up