Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I am disappoint
FNA 11:11 AM 02-16-2012
So, which is it?

"CI and other online vendors deliberately ship cigars overhumidified "
or
"this doesn't take into account how some manufacturers pump up the moisture in the cigars before they ship from the factories"
or
"They keep their warehouse at 70%"

These are three different things.

" If they were bought at a B & M or purchased online, over humidification is common"

Really? I have noticed that at local B&Ms a lot of their business is people buying single cigars and lighting them up. One would think the stores would do what they could to keep that a pleasant experience, for instance by avoiding over-humidifying their stock so that it smokes poorly.

I live close to CI, so I've smoked a lot of cigars from them which have arrived the very next day after shipping. I have not noticed any sort of a problem.

I favor the idea it was just the cigar, but the OP should salt test hygrometer anyway.
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:34 PM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by FNA:
So, which is it?

"CI and other online vendors deliberately ship cigars overhumidified "
or
"this doesn't take into account how some manufacturers pump up the moisture in the cigars before they ship from the factories"
or
"They keep their warehouse at 70%"

These are three different things.

" If they were bought at a B & M or purchased online, over humidification is common"

Really? I have noticed that at local B&Ms a lot of their business is people buying single cigars and lighting them up. One would think the stores would do what they could to keep that a pleasant experience, for instance by avoiding over-humidifying their stock so that it smokes poorly.

I live close to CI, so I've smoked a lot of cigars from them which have arrived the very next day after shipping. I have not noticed any sort of a problem.

I favor the idea it was just the cigar, but the OP should salt test hygrometer anyway.
It depends on your definition of over humidified... To most people here cigars are best at 60-65%... CI stores their warehouse at 72% (I believe I read this on a cigar blog) which is the high end of storage conditions. To me that's fine, just know that most cigars will have burn issues at that high. 68-70% is what I like, comes down to preference.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up