Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Screwed
dwoodward 02:11 PM 02-02-2012
Bought a 28 bottle Edgestar during Compact Appliance's sale for $189. Unit came today with a scratch on the top and some kind of finish issues on the face of the door.

I frankly don't want to ship this thing all the way back to them, but they are pretty much leaving me no choice it seems. They are selling scratch and dent units for 128 dollars and the best they can do is refund me 10% of what I paid...

Can't believe this. Basically I paid for a new unit and got a imperfect unit it seems and they want me to either accept the refund or ship it back.

Sorry, just need to rant I guess.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 02:17 PM 02-02-2012
just rant bro, take the 10% and buy gars with it. It will be like they bought it for you
[Reply]
kickerb 02:19 PM 02-02-2012
I had the same problem, i bought new and the unit already had comestic damage.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 02:24 PM 02-02-2012
It doesn't sound like Compact Appliances is a vendor that needs repeat customers (or customers that have been forewarned!)
[Reply]
pektel 02:31 PM 02-02-2012
I sent them pictures of mine when it arrived with a broken door (I bought a scratch and dent for $99 shipped). They refunded my entire purchase price, and told me to throw the unit in my dumpster. I took the refund, and had a new door made out of solid cherry:

Honestly, if the damage on the top isn't huge, I'd just use some touchup paint. Maybe they should send you a new door instead of you having to ship the entire unit back.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:31 PM 02-02-2012
Will they pay for return shipping of the damaged unit?
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:33 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by pektel:
Honestly, if the damage on the top isn't huge, I'd just use some touchup paint. Maybe they should send you a new door instead of you having to ship the entire unit back.
Not a bad idea. I might shoot that across their noses to see what they say, the scratch is actually on the top of the door. So that would make sense. That should get rid of the finish issues and scratch all in one go.
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:36 PM 02-02-2012
Are you expecting them to just send a new one and let you keep both?
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:41 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Are you expecting them to just send a new one and let you keep both?
No, I was expecting some form of a courtesy charge back to my card. The scratch units on their website are $60 cheaper than I paid, I just don't see how $20 is a fair offer for a charge back. I offered to meet them in the middle at $40 and they said no.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:09 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
It doesn't sound like Compact Appliances is a vendor that needs repeat customers (or customers that have been forewarned!)
X2
[Reply]
awsmith4 03:15 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
No, I was expecting some form of a courtesy charge back to my card. The scratch units on their website are $60 cheaper than I paid, I just don't see how $20 is a fair offer for a charge back. I offered to meet them in the middle at $40 and they said no.
Oh I had my math wrong, I thought they were giving you the same price as the scratch and dent. Are they going to pay the shipping back? If not then I would dispute the charge
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 03:15 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by :
Damaged Shipments
If you are returning the item because it was damaged in transit, we will gladly exchange it or give you a refund for the full amount of the merchandise so long as you contact us within 48 hours of delivery*. Damaged products must have the original box, packaging materials, manuals, and accessories. Once we are contacted in accordance with the above procedures, we will have the shipping company return to the delivery location to pick up the damaged product. Please make sure the product is available and ready for the pick-up attempt in order to avoid delays and possible cancellation of the pick-up. If you do not make the product available for pick-up, you will be required to ship the product back yourself. Please call us ASAP at 1-866.975.4846 to set up a return for a damaged product.
From their site, sounds like they should arrange to have the unit returned and and send a replacement or get you your money back.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:25 PM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Oh I had my math wrong, I thought they were giving you the same price as the scratch and dent. Are they going to pay the shipping back? If not then I would dispute the charge
Originally Posted by icehog3:
That's what I asked.
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:33 PM 02-02-2012
From their site:

Returns related to orders that included "free shipping" will be subject to a 15% shipping recovery fee.

It was a free shipping deal so I guess I would have to pay 15% of whatever shipping is or something... it's not very clear I guess.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:35 PM 02-02-2012
From their site:

Returns related to orders that included "free shipping" will be subject to a 15% shipping recovery fee.

It was a free shipping deal so I guess I would have to pay 15% of whatever shipping is or something... it's not very clear I guess.
I'd clarify. If they are going to charge you 15% to take back a damaged unit, I would do like Albert suggested and dispute the charge.
[Reply]
dwoodward 03:43 PM 02-02-2012
I'd clarify. If they are going to charge you 15% to take back a damaged unit, I would do like Albert suggested and dispute the charge.
With ****** you mean? Isn't it illegal to dispute something that you actually received?
[Reply]
icehog3 04:36 PM 02-02-2012
With ****** you mean? Isn't it illegal to dispute something that you actually received?
If it is damaged and the company wants money to take it back? I'd sure give it a try, but hey, that's me.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:45 PM 02-02-2012
If it is damaged and the company wants money to take it back? I'd sure give it a try, but hey, that's me.
:-) I have three wine coolers, all came with a removable plastic coating on the frame of the door. Can you post pictures of the damage?
[Reply]
us_soldier1989 06:24 PM 02-02-2012
Well.. If it makes you feel any better man.. I just received my Edgestar 28 that I bought from them as an "open-box" for $119 shipped.. not a scratch on it. But seriously.. see if they can ship you a new door?
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:11 AM 02-03-2012
Still not happy with everything, but looks like I'm getting 20 dollars back. I'm gonna try cleaning the door. If it doesn't work and since they were so unhelpful, ill just order a new door before the parts warranty is up.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up