Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Here's to soapy water on my slope...
fencefixer 04:52 AM 02-11-2012
Pure sexiness!! :-):-)
[Reply]
Bad Finger 09:41 PM 02-15-2012
3 Weeks in:

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
[Reply]
markem 09:44 PM 02-15-2012
Clancy - I may have some spanish cedar shelved for that. Call me and perhaps I have some cigars for you as well. :-)
[Reply]
Bad Finger 03:22 PM 02-23-2012
Here are the latest updates:

Bought a fan for the bottom of the Vino this week. It is an 80mm fan, with built-in fan speed control knob, that comes with the adapter to run it USB. I found it on Amazon for $7 and it can be used in conjunction with a wallplug to usb adapter (the kind most phones come with nowadays). I drilled out the plug (it is an offset drain hole in the bottom of Vinos which means S-shaped), ran the cord in, used a bit of expanding foam to seal, and then patched both the bottom and top of the opening with plastic packing tape to seal the foam up while drying.

When starting this project, I had to remove the old duct tape that the previous owner had used to seal the drain. Upon further inspection, I noticed a few spots of mold growing on the fibers that run through the tape. I removed it, and scrubbed the vino well, and dryed it out. After 12 hours, I installed the fan and foam, waited another 12 hours, and put my stogies back in. So, if you are doing something similiar in the future, please do not use Duct Tape or any tape that is porous or made of a fabric material as it will mold.

Here are a few pics of the project:

The old tape:

The new fan:

Back together again:

Just in case you wanted to see the fan for yourself on Amazon, here is the link. I highly recommend it so far, as it has fan guards on both sides of the fan blade, and also has a nice little metal stand which I bend and configured so that the fan would blow upwards rather than to the side.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I'm so excited for the new shelves and drawers from Forrest! 3 weeks to go.... ARRRRggghhhH!!
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 04:40 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
And it's empty...just sayin. :-)
:-):-) i remember those constant threats about vinotemps being too empty!!

Make sure you get that drain plug covered if it hasn't already been done and also make sure you get some sort of run off thing going on the back wall on the inside of the vinotemp as well! Some go all out but to be honest, i just used some good quality packaging tape for the drain hole and 2 yrs later it still works.

As for the run off thing in the back, it'll look like a V but at the bottom of the V it won't be connected, its for moisture build up to collect back there and run down to the drain hole. I again ghetto rigg'ed mine with cardboard and the same packaging tape. I just cut cardboard to fit the slot perfectly then covered it with the tape and slapped it on, then i put a small tupaware full of beads for the moisture to run off into. Good luck with it!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up