Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Nice Score
keith_mahoney 01:53 PM 02-22-2012
So I was out in my garage brewing and smoking a cigar when my neighbor stopped by and of course we started talking about beer and cigars. He asked to see my cigars and I told him I had to keep my humidor at work due to temps and only brought my herfador home. I told him since I have a fermenting fridge kept at around 60* I eventually wanted to get a Pelican case to keep in the bottom to store cigars at home.

Well he walked over to his garage and gave me this Pelican 1600 gratis.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/images/attach/jpg.gif

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/images/attach/jpg.gif

So it fits perfect and I can still fit carboys with airlocks on top. Still not very convenient if I have anything fermenting but will be good for long term storage when I eventually get some beads going for it.
Attached: IMG-20120220-00025.jpg (83.9 KB) IMG-20120222-00027.jpg (82.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:55 PM 02-22-2012
Wow that's a serious case, what a great neighbor! I have a couple great neighbors as well, it sure makes life a little more enjoyable!
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:02 PM 02-22-2012
Nice pick up. That case is huge!

I like your fermentation chamber as well.

Could you put a shelf toward the top to put the cigars so you didn't have to lift the carboy every time you want a cigar?
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:32 PM 02-22-2012
Very cool!
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 03:15 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Nice pick up. That case is huge!

I like your fermentation chamber as well.

Could you put a shelf toward the top to put the cigars so you didn't have to lift the carboy every time you want a cigar?
That sir is and amazing idea and I will put it into practice.

I'm not in a rush though since if I get the items (beads,hygrometer) I need to put this into service I know I'll end up buying some boxes of smokes I like. And right now I need to be pinching every penny I can since I don't know how much longer I will be gainfully employed.

But even without using it at the moment it was a good score and it helps me day-dream about what my collection will look like one day.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:37 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney:
So it fits perfect and I can still fit carboys with airlocks on top. Still not very convenient if I have anything fermenting but will be good for long term storage when I eventually get some beads going for it.
That Pelican is a nice looking overnight case Keith:-)

Very nice grab! What type of brew do you have fermenting in the photo Keith?

[Reply]
tengel78 04:11 PM 02-22-2012
Nice grab Keith! Looks like you have a good neighbor.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:56 PM 02-22-2012
Damn fine neighbors you got there. :-) :-)
[Reply]
keith_mahoney 10:47 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
That Pelican is a nice looking overnight case Keith:-)

Very nice grab! What type of brew do you have fermenting in the photo Keith?

It's the first stage of a sour Belgian Kriek. It's just half 2 row and half wheat with a little Czech Saaz. After it ferments out I will rack it on top of cherries in a 3 gallon carboy and add some bugs I propagated from 3 bottles of Cantillon I had over a weekend.

Should be good to go 6months-year after that.
[Reply]
Remo 11:11 PM 02-22-2012
Sweet score, great neighbor :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:28 AM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by keith_mahoney:
It's the first stage of a sour Belgian Kriek. It's just half 2 row and half wheat with a little Czech Saaz. After it ferments out I will rack it on top of cherries in a 3 gallon carboy and add some bugs I propagated from 3 bottles of Cantillon I had over a weekend.

Should be good to go 6months-year after that.
Excellent:-)
[Reply]
Up