Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>RH problems?
EricF 07:06 PM 02-22-2012
After reading thru all of the posts, Josh, you stated that you put beads in. My question is do you have enough beads for the humi and were they properly hydrated before you put them in?

I am asking do to the fact that if you put dry beads in then they will absorb the humidity in the humi which will cause the RH to drop.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:12 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
After reading thru all of the posts, Josh, you stated that you put beads in. My question is do you have enough beads for the humi and were they properly hydrated before you put them in?

I am asking do to the fact that if you put dry beads in then they will absorb the humidity in the humi which will cause the RH to drop.
They were heartfelt beads, I used the calculations they said to use to figure out the proper size to order.

I got the tube of beads, squirted it with distilled water till they were clear.
[Reply]
MoTheMan 07:19 PM 02-22-2012
-- It's a bad humidor . . .

OR

-- It needs more seasoning time. What I've done in the past (before I converted a closed iunto a humi, that is, is wipe it down with a wet cloth, but not so wet as to start raising the grain of the wood lining. But light wet wipes every few days will allow the humidor wood to acclimate quickly.

-- BTW, what brand of humidor is it?!
[Reply]
smitty81 07:32 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by MoTheMan:
-- It's a bad humidor . . .

OR

-- It needs more seasoning time. What I've done in the past (before I converted a closed iunto a humi, that is, is wipe it down with a wet cloth, but not so wet as to start raising the grain of the wood lining. But light wet wipes every few days will allow the humidor wood to acclimate quickly.

-- BTW, what brand of humidor is it?!
I thought about doing the wipes..........but I didn't do it.

It's an art deco humidor.
[Reply]
backwoods357 07:43 PM 02-22-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
It's a lot tougher to maintain any kind of RH in any empty humi.
I'm glad you guys taught me that. My coolidor was giving me fits until I filled it to the top. I made a crappy skirt for the inner lip of the lid using plastic wrap and I rarely have to add humidification now.

Originally Posted by shilala:
3/4's full is probably the best situation you can get, that way it allows for a little order here and there, and leaves some air space for circulation.
I need to get some organization going, I've been buying samplers to get a little experience and half of the cooler is a heap of singles and five finger bags. It's hell trying to find something.
[Reply]
jluck 08:43 PM 02-22-2012
Try Tupperware. put cigars,beads and hygrometer in a large container and leave alone for a week minimum. Set the hygo so you can red it without opening the container. If you can stabilize the environment that way you have found a bad seal or humidor.:-)

You might have a leaky humi or a bad seal.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up