Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Using the Haier 32 bottle for a Wineador
elkhunter149 06:27 PM 02-19-2012
Wondering about using the Haier 32 bottle for my winador. Home depot has it delivered for 199.00.
Model Model # HVDW32ABB
Any thoughts?
[Reply]
Bill86 06:44 PM 02-19-2012
From what I can see it is a thermoelectric, so it should work just fine.

How well it works and how good of a unit it is I couldn't tell you.

I'd look into the temperature settings range and if the racks are all removable. Might want to ask Forrest or anyone that makes shelves for them.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:55 PM 02-19-2012
Could be nice. If you plan on using shelving make sure it has the horizontal slots on the sides of it. When I was looking at Home Depot while browsing considering options for my wineador, the Haier unit they had only had a couple slots, instead the bottles were to be stood upright on the bottom then another shelf above that for more bottle.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:30 PM 02-19-2012
I have one and it works like a champ. Only downside is that it is a lot narrower than an Edgestar. I have replaced the metal shelving with thin pieces of cedar.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 03:53 AM 02-20-2012
I had a couple of Haier 18's set up once upon a time. I used Oasis humidifiers in them. In one of them, I even added a temperature controller with a better range than whatever was originally installed.

Actually both are still running, except for the last four or so years they've held wine.

:-)
[Reply]
Up