Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Butane Torches
Shawn hines 06:25 AM 01-02-2012
Works for me, thats
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 06:50 AM 01-03-2012
I echo the dealextreme advice! Haven't ordered from them in a few years, but when I run out of lighters again, it will be the first place I go!
[Reply]
ewu 11:00 PM 01-15-2012
Great advice, I just pulled the trigger on six of the Deal Extreme lighters for less than $15. Thanks for the tip!
[Reply]
maconusmile 11:30 PM 01-15-2012
I have been really happy with my Xikar lighters, and never had a problem with any of them really. I just get sick of filling them all the time. I just purchased two more Xikar's on cigarbid.com The plunge for 19.00 and the Enigma for 29.00 so they are real resonalbe on price if you look on the "Devil Site"
[Reply]
icehog3 10:23 PM 01-30-2012
Got a notice from the P.O. that they tried to deliver my Extreme Torches today but I was not home.

As a refercence for timing:

Ordered 1/2/12

"Shipped" e-mail sent 1/8/12

Left Hong Kong on 1/17/12

Ready for delivery 1/30/12
[Reply]
eber 01:17 PM 01-31-2012
I have been using both of the lighters that were reccommended at the top of this thread for a few weeks and they have both been great except for one thing, I had to remove the metal cover because it would constantly upen up in my pocket and it just got annoying however it still functions fine without the cover just not quite as "pretty" this lighter
I already placed another order with them for some of their flint fired soft flame lighters, we'll see how those work.
[Reply]
Shidoshi 08:02 PM 02-15-2012
I was told today in the shop that the type of butane you use to refill your ligter makes a difference on how it burns. Something about the impurities in non-premium butane "gums up" the lighter. I believe that to be true and not just a marketing ploy, but if a torch isn't lighting due to bad butane, is there a way to flush it so you can put better butane in and have it return to its original functionality or is that it for that lighter?
[Reply]
Digs 08:40 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Shidoshi:
I was told today in the shop that the type of butane you use to refill your ligter makes a difference on how it burns. Something about the impurities in non-premium butane "gums up" the lighter. I believe that to be true and not just a marketing ploy, but if a torch isn't lighting due to bad butane, is there a way to flush it so you can put better butane in and have it return to its original functionality or is that it for that lighter?
The shop is right, I use the vector or xikar gas its triple refined. The cheap Ronson gas messes up my better triple jets to the point they wont fire. But what I have noticed is the cheaper jet lighter will usually burn what ever you fill them with. I would drain the "cheap" gas out by pushing in on the little fill valve till it hisses all out, then refill. It should get it back to the "original functionality.
[Reply]
eber 09:16 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
The shop is right, I use the vector or xikar gas its triple refined. The cheap Ronson gas messes up my better triple jets to the point they wont fire. But what I have noticed is the cheaper jet lighter will usually burn what ever you fill them with. I would drain the "cheap" gas out by pushing in on the little fill valve till it hisses all out, then refill. It should get it back to the "original functionality.
:-)

also if you are still having trouble with your lighter you can try blowing butane into the "burner" of the lighter (when it is not lit of course) sometimes that will dislodge a possible clog.
[Reply]
Shidoshi 10:34 PM 02-15-2012
Thanks guys. My local shop sells Xikar and Lotus butane, so I will probably be buying those brands from now on instead of the cheapo stuff.
[Reply]
oooo35980 11:24 PM 02-15-2012
I use a Xikar Punch with Xikar fuel. Got it when I first started smoking cigars and it has never really occurred to me that I might need anything else. It's actually odd that I've kept up with it, given how many cutters I've gone through since then. Anytime I need a cutter I just start looking around in drawers and couch cushions and I'm bound to find one I "lost" months ago.
[Reply]
jluck 12:30 AM 02-16-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
this is good too
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jet-130...e-lighter-1320

ronson jetlite's are great too.
Dang ya bad influences....I had to get 10. For 20.20 that's hard to beat.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up