Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Sencillo Platinum - Double robusto
bruceolee 10:53 AM 02-16-2022
https://www.sencillocigars.com/sencillo-platinum

"Handmade in Danli, Honduras, the Sencillo Platinum blend uses Habano de Jamastran tobacco for the wrapper, filler, and binder, with Piloto Cubano tobacco added to the filler to balance out the flavor. The Sencillo Platinum is a puro, made entirely from tobacco grown in Honduras."

This cigar came to me from Cigar rights of America. They sent me a couple cigars and I wanted to give this a review. I've never been a huge fan of Honduran Cigars but my opinions are always open to be changed. So, let's start the review and see how this goes!

Wrapper: Milk chocolate wrapper with minimal veins, double capped

Draw: A little loose after a crown cut, some cinnamon and chocolate own the draw

earthy, chocolate, coffee, pepper, creamy, typical honduran earthiness, dry fruits, nuttiness, a slight underlying tanginess, cinnamon, slight tea leaves, So far a mild smoke

chocolate, earthiness, cinnamon, creaminess, dry fruits, vanilla, tea leaves, still fairly mild, pepper. spice, kola nuts, peanut butter

earthiness, chocolate, peanut butter, creaminess, kola nuts, cinnamon, coffee, slight mint, vanilla, cedar

Ash/burn: Ash was a little too flaky and burn was fairly even with only minor touch ups

Finish: So, this was the first Honduran puro that i actually enjoyed. This was an overall mild cigar and not the earth bomb i was expecting. Flavors were consistent throughout it. I might pick another up if the opportunity presented itself but nothing beyond that. It didn't make me want to run out and get a 5 pack or box but this was a decent cigar. Well, i hope you enjoyed this review and have a blessed day! God bless you all!
[Reply]
icehog3 08:12 AM 02-17-2022
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Finish: So, this was the first Honduran puro that i actually enjoyed.
You're one up on me, Jason, I have never had a Honduran puro I am aware of. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up