Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Good Lighter with Fuel Window
Stevez 12:26 PM 07-26-2010
Just bought the new Blazer and I love it. I thought it wasn't going to be worth the $38 bucks because I've had such bad luck with lighters just not working consistently or for more than a very short time. I love this one. I just posted a thread about the safety feature on these, but it's easy to dis-engage and the thing works like a charm first time, every time. Good luck.

Steve
[Reply]
waffle 12:54 PM 07-26-2010
I bought a couple of these bad boys... next time I see hotreds, I'm gonna hand a few over for the troops.
[Reply]
bigswol2 04:41 PM 07-26-2010
+1 on the element. I love mine!
[Reply]
XTRazzer 06:18 PM 07-26-2010
Anyone know how much fuel the Xikar lighters hold compared to the Blazer? Or could tell me how many cigars, how long, etc... between refueling?

I tend to refuel the Ronson lighters after two or three cigars.
[Reply]
Mugen910 06:21 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by XTRazzer:
Anyone know how much fuel the Xikar lighters hold compared to the Blazer? Or could tell me how many cigars, how long, etc... between refueling?

I tend to refuel the Ronson lighters after two or three cigars.
depends on how you use it honestly. If you list to toast the foot before starting to draw then you'll prob use a bit more fuel versus drawing on the cigar while being it. It's not expensive to get a bottle of ronson butane and that refill bottle will last quite some time.
[Reply]
XTRazzer 06:26 PM 07-26-2010
I light cigars without drawing and understand that uses more fuel. But I'm trying not to carry a can of butane everywhere. Don't normally smoke more than three in an outing, so usually two Ronson lighters works.
[Reply]
Stevez 06:37 AM 07-27-2010
I smoke 3 cigars per day on average and I go at least 5 days, usually a week, between filling the Blazer. I love the clear tube that shows how much fuel is left. I too toast the foot first before I draw and have found that this lighter goes a long way before needing a refill.
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:03 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Blazer's are the best lighter for the money. These are great cheap lighters as well. Idea:Buy 25 for $50 shipped, keep 5 and send 20 to the troops! :-)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179
Ordered 10 of these!... should be coming in the mail in the next day or two... can't wait to try it out! :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 09:30 AM 07-27-2010
DealExtreme can be slow to ship, usually 10-14 days from Hong Kong.
[Reply]
mahtofire 10:21 AM 07-27-2010
Just bought two! Can't wait!
[Reply]
Wanger 11:17 AM 07-27-2010
I'm partial to Blazer. Had a CG-001 for about 3-4 years. Travelled with it in my pocket several times. To The carribean and back, out to Vegas, Seattle, and a few others. Only problem is that I killed it trying to clean it. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 11:45 AM 07-27-2010
Originally Posted by XTRazzer:
I light cigars without drawing and understand that uses more fuel. But I'm trying not to carry a can of butane everywhere. Don't normally smoke more than three in an outing, so usually two Ronson lighters works.
I have never had to carry a can around with me and I carry two lighters just in case someone needs it.
[Reply]
XTRazzer 09:16 PM 07-27-2010
Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Decided to order a clear Blazer CG-001. Like the idea of the fuel tank being under an extra plastic shell and that the odd safety of the PB-207 is not there.

Next time around I'll go with a Xikar. Always need more than one lighter.
[Reply]
audio1der 12:45 PM 07-30-2010
Originally Posted by bvilchez:
Blazer all the way!!!!:-)
+!
I don't own a lighter that doesn't have a clear window on the fuel tank, but I only EVER use my Blazer due it's consistency.:-)
[Reply]
Hoosierguy 07:39 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Blazer's are the best lighter for the money. These are great cheap lighters as well. Idea:Buy 25 for $50 shipped, keep 5 and send 20 to the troops! :-)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179
I bought three of these cheap lighters and only one works. The other two give me a flash of torch and then it goes out. I'm using good fuel too (Vector).
I also have a Blazer CG-001 that works great.
[Reply]
bobarian 08:09 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by Hoosierguy:
I bought three of these cheap lighters and only one works. The other two give me a flash of torch and then it goes out. I'm using good fuel too (Vector).
I also have a Blazer CG-001 that works great.
You need to adjust the fuel flow. There is a screw at the bottom that you can open and close to set the flow correctly.
[Reply]
markem 12:23 PM 08-04-2010
Got a new set of lighters in today. For $50 given that they are quite rugged and reliable, not bad. Oh yeah, that prices was for all 25 :-)

Your bombing runs may vary :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:50 PM 08-04-2010
haha dealextreme awesome...

Mark I'm ordering you the Magical Egg from there :-)
[Reply]
J0eybb 12:51 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by markem:
Got a new set of lighters in today. For $50 given that they are quite rugged and reliable, not bad. Oh yeah, that prices was for all 25 :-)

Your bombing runs may vary :-)
Someone forgot their meds today.
[Reply]
earnold25 12:58 PM 08-04-2010
i've got the blazer pb-207. mine crapped out (probably due to pocket lint and not keeping the cover on it), but their warranty covered it and they sent me a new one in a little more then a week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up