Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Shilala's Beads
shilala 02:24 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
That's what I have been looking to do... The catch is that the plastic enclosure needs lots and lots of holes for the beads to work and I have not yet found anything suitable.
I put tons of brain time in it too, Michael.
The best thing you could do is sew replacement socks, make them extra long so they could roll down, and offer some kind of clip. That way a guy could pour his beads in and be good to go.
Maybe even try a long sock, roll the end, and see if it will iron when it's wadded (rolled up) at the end?
Any kind of container will diminish the bead's capabilities, but even a butter dish or something might help so they don't need to be handled so much?
Hell, I don't know. :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 02:35 PM 07-29-2010
Can't you try using nylon? Nylon has lots of holes in it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:16 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Can't you try using nylon? Nylon has lots of holes in it.
The holes in most nylon are too big.
[Reply]
Pass 08:30 PM 07-29-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
I put tons of brain time in it too, Michael.
The best thing you could do is sew replacement socks, make them extra long so they could roll down, and offer some kind of clip. That way a guy could pour his beads in and be good to go.
Maybe even try a long sock, roll the end, and see if it will iron when it's wadded (rolled up) at the end?
Any kind of container will diminish the bead's capabilities, but even a butter dish or something might help so they don't need to be handled so much?
Hell, I don't know. :-)
Why not just use the small size pillow... go to the nearest craft store and buy a metal or magnet backing. attach that to the pillow and magnetize it to the roof like you do the discs. Make sense? That might work...
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:44 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by lbowles2:
It would be pretty cool is the fabric 'sock' could be put into a plastic cage to help protect it and keep it from getting snagged and worn from moving them around. The ones in the bottom of my vino never move but the one in the top constantly gets moved and I fear that one day it will wear... and then all those microscopic beads will make a huge mess.
If you think the packaging for your beads is getting worn and will leak, let me know and I will send you out a replacement and then you can return the worn out one (placing it in a ziplock or the like before shipping it :-)). No charge for you except the postage to return the old one.

This applies whether you purchased the beads from either me or Scott.
[Reply]
lbowles2 03:13 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
If you think the packaging for your beads is getting worn and will leak, let me know and I will send you out a replacement and then you can return the worn out one (placing it in a ziplock or the like before shipping it :-)). No charge for you except the postage to return the old one.

This applies whether you purchased the beads from either me or Scott.
Mine isn't leaking... but that is awesome!! Way to take care of us customers! :-) :-)

Considering the great service AND product I will be coming back for more when I need it. Thanks!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up