Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio comment, Xikar question
jonumberone 03:52 PM 07-06-2010
Now that I am sliding further down the slope, I have been paying more attention to my cuts. I wasn't happy with them, so based on what I read, I went out and picked up a Palio this morning. I'm only one cut in, but I love it already. This is based solely on how it fits in my hand, and the look(carbon fiber). One huge difference from my Xikar was how little play there was between the blades.

So to my question. Is this play normal on the Xikar? I can move the open blades about 1/16in apart with very little pressure, or bend them back and forth like wings very easily. When closed the thing is rock solid, and the screw at the bottom is tight. I suspect this is why my cuts always left a bump after removing the cap.

Side note: 3 calls to Xikar customer service went unanswered
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:30 PM 07-06-2010
LOVE my Palios!!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:40 PM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
LOVE my Palios!!!
I'll second that:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 04:42 PM 07-06-2010
I have never had any problems with my Xikar. They have a life time warranty. Take it a retailer and they will swap it out with a new one.
[Reply]
Dunkel 04:51 PM 07-06-2010
I want a Palio bad, I wish there was another GB coming soon. I hate paying full price for anything. LOL
[Reply]
ValorBali41 04:59 PM 07-06-2010
I always notice that when I cut with my Xikar, it cuts clean but leaves a bump right in the middle, so your not alone and I also do notice the play in the handles...
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:02 PM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
I want a Palio bad, I wish there was another GB coming soon. I hate paying full price for anything. LOL
:-)...Have you checked Goodwill Doug?:-)

[Reply]
jonumberone 05:20 PM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by ValorBali41:
I always notice that when I cut with my Xikar, it cuts clean but leaves a bump right in the middle, so your not alone and I also do notice the play in the handles...
I am glad to hear that. No reason to send it in then.:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:48 PM 07-06-2010
The "bump" is a common occurrence with the Xikar cutters. Main reason I gave mine away. Palio for life! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 05:50 PM 07-06-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
:-)...Have you checked Goodwill Doug?:-)
Goodwill Doug????
[Reply]
dubnick 05:57 PM 07-06-2010
I like my Xikar...But I LOVE my Palio
[Reply]
rmoreno 12:56 PM 07-07-2010
XIKAR has a lifetime warranty on all products. If your cutter is not performing to your standard and XIKAR's standard, return it for a free replacement. There should be no play between blades. If you like the feel of the Palio, XIKAR is launching a new ZX Ultra Slim cutter in August. Ultra Slim with finger holes! If you've called and exhausted all communication. Send me an email: rmoreno@xikar.com. I will handle your cutter personally. Bob
[Reply]
jonumberone 01:39 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by rmoreno:
XIKAR has a lifetime warranty on all products. If your cutter is not performing to your standard and XIKAR's standard, return it for a free replacement. There should be no play between blades. If you like the feel of the Palio, XIKAR is launching a new ZX Ultra Slim cutter in August. Ultra Slim with finger holes! If you've called and exhausted all communication. Send me an email: rmoreno@xikar.com. I will handle your cutter personally. Bob
Email sent! Will update.
[Reply]
e-man67 01:52 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by ValorBali41:
My Palio does the same thing and breaks the wrapper..I hate the uneven cut..I never use the cutter b/c of this. I have only used it maybe 10 times...got it new for Christmas.
[Reply]
poker 02:16 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by e-man67:
My Palio does the same thing and breaks the wrapper..I hate the uneven cut..I never use the cutter b/c of this. I have only used it maybe 10 times...got it new for Christmas.
Your Palio does this? :-)
[Reply]
e-man67 02:18 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by poker:
Your Palio does this? :-)
yes and I wish it didn't...it is a purdy carbon fiber one but purdy is about it.
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 02:34 PM 07-07-2010
If your Palio is breaking the wrapper on your cigars, either your cigars are way too dry, or you have a defective Palio. Contact customer support or where you got it from and get it replaced.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:40 PM 07-07-2010
Or it is operator error.
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
e-man67 02:44 PM 07-07-2010
Originally Posted by CueTheMusic:
If your Palio is breaking the wrapper on your cigars, either your cigars are way too dry, or you have a defective Palio. Contact customer support or where you got it from and get it replaced.
Nope, cigars aren't dry..cheap 50 cent cutter does a great job. My buddy's palio works fine but mine sucks.
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 02:48 PM 07-07-2010
Replace it. That is what the lifetime warranty is for.

I think any authorized dealer will replace it for free:
http://www.paliocutter.com/shops.htm

Or you don't have a retailer by you, you should be able to mail it back to Palio.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up