Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My Cooler Project
ujponds 06:53 PM 08-15-2010

It's time to move on up to a cooler. I have a 50 count Humi now but this slope is getting pretty slippery!

50 qt. cooler.
Each clear bin is larger than a 100 count humi.
I drilled holes in the bottom of each bin to maximize air flow.
I wasn't happy with the thickness of the lid so I added insulation and put weather proofing around the outside to improve the seal.
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:01 PM 08-15-2010
Nice.

One word of warning though...bigger. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 07:02 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Nice.

:-) Buy 2 More Coolers, Now!:-):-)
[Reply]
Chingas 07:03 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Nice.

:-)

150qt. Is more like it. In two months you'll be on your second cooler!
[Reply]
ujponds 07:05 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) Buy 2 More Coolers, Now!:-):-)
That was going through my head the whole time!:-)

I'm thinking about getting a second one just for boxes.
[Reply]
GolfNut 08:05 PM 08-15-2010
You guys here are insane! I couldn't imagine being able to fill up that cooler...well with cigars anyway!
[Reply]
GolfNut 08:06 PM 08-15-2010
Wait...I just got it. Insane....Asylum..

Gotcha. :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 08:07 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by GolfNut:
You guys here are insane! I couldn't imagine being able to fill up that cooler...well with cigars anyway!
Forrest. It is called an Asylum!:-)
[Reply]
SaltyMcGee 08:09 PM 08-15-2010
Famous last words! :-)
I remember when I had a 2 gb hard drive computer and thought, "well I'll never fill this up!" 2 months later...
[Reply]
nofeardiver 08:19 PM 08-15-2010
i said the same thing when i started, i was like all man i will never fill up a 40 ct humi which was more like a 30 ct, ha in less then a month that joker was full and i was going o crap.... So i ended up going to the wineador, with cedar drawers, now almost out of room in that in less than a year.... Cooler looks good, good luck filling that up
[Reply]
SvilleKid 08:26 PM 08-15-2010
Let's see: (2) two hundred count seven-drawer humis, a 150, 75, 50 and two 25 count desktop type humis, plus four 70+/- quart coolers. And, if I purchased as little as two boxes, or more than half a dozen loose sticks, I'd be out of space. Yep. Definitely INSANE!!!!!!

Everyone above is correct in their advice - get more, or a bigger cooler!!! Personally, I go with smaller coolers because they are easier to stash in tight spaces, and easier on the back to move around. Plus, they don't take as long to look thru when I'm hunting thru the stash. Good luck, bro, you will need it!
[Reply]
ujponds 08:53 PM 08-15-2010
Thanks to all. When I got my 50 count I thought that would be more than enough, pffft!

I'm sure it will take no time to fill, especially since I discovered the devil site! The thing for me is easing my wife into this insanity! I think 50qt is the limit to her tolerance at this point. . . BUT I'M WEARING HER DOWN!!!!
[Reply]
GolfNut 08:57 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Thanks to all. When I got my 50 count I thought that would be more than enough, pffft!

I'm sure it will take no time to fill, especially since I discovered the devil site! The thing for me is easing my wife into this insanity! I think 50qt is the limit to her tolerance at this point. . . BUT I'M WEARING HER DOWN!!!!
I got mine hooked on cigars. Try it, it will make your life MUCH easier!
[Reply]
ujponds 09:01 PM 08-15-2010
I got mine hooked on cigars. Try it, it will make your life MUCH easier!
She does every so often, I always keep a few little Macanudo Courts in the humi for her.
[Reply]
Dux 09:25 PM 08-15-2010
Hmmm I went from a Cooler to a 5000 count Tower. Yup Im in the right place :-) The Asylum calls...
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:26 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Dux:
Hmmm I went from a Cooler to a 5000 count Tower. Yup Im in the right place :-) The Asylum calls...
Baller!!!!!

Ujponds, keep in mind there are some that like to buy and age cigars.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ujponds 09:37 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Baller!!!!!

Ujponds, keep in mind there are some that like to buy and age cigars.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly my intentions. That is the reason for the upgrade, not too much room for that in a 50 count. My plan is to use the lower bins for long term.

Will it be enough room? I guess I'll find out:-)
[Reply]
ujponds 10:22 AM 08-18-2010
Beads are ordered, I'll be moving in by the weekend! You've been warned Cbid!
[Reply]
Up