Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>So I smoked an ACID Today.
fsjonsey 08:39 PM 05-11-2009
It's finals week down at college. Everyone's having a good time, and by "good time" I mean getting drunk. I gave a friend a ride to the liquor store the next town over to pick up a bottle of Seagram's Seven. I don't drink, so I was just going to wait in the car while he went in, but I happened to notice a humidor in the corner of the store, and decided to check it out. As I make my selections, a Fuente 898 and a Padron 2000, the guy behind the counter mentions that they were having a "sale" on ACID blondies, $1.50 a stick. Knowing the reputation these have, I decided to find out just how bad they really were, and picked up two of them. Biiiig mistake in hindsight.

Fast forward to this evening. I decide to relax, have a cigar, and listen to the rantings of Michael Savage. I spy the Acids sitting next to the humidor. Curiosity gets the best of me, so I grab one, clip the head, and toast the foot. As I take the first draw, the flavor of burning Earl Grey tea, Pert Plus Shampoo, Mrs. Dash seasoning, and crappy tobacco envelops my palette. The cigar crackles and hisses, as if trying to taunt me. Half way down, the flavors of cheap shampoo, salt free seasoning, and smoldering tea give way to acrid bitterness with a hint of burning hair, or perhaps burning garbage. I chuck the cigar in disgust.

Now I cant get this horrible taste out of my mouth. Gargling Listerine, brushing my teeth, and eating copious amounts of breath mints has little effect. I think I'm going to go chew some garlic now. Maybe that will do the trick.
Kudos Jonathan Drew, your cigars really are an experience one isn't soon to forget.
[Reply]
G G 08:41 PM 05-11-2009
Never had one, but thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:48 PM 05-11-2009
That is a great review. I have smoked a couple because I am open to trying any cigar but I will never intentionally smoke another one. A full spitoon tastes better then an ACID.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 08:52 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
That is a great review. I have smoked a couple because I am open to trying any cigar but I will never intentionally smoke another one. A full spitoon tastes better then an ACID.
I'm one of those guys too. The more controversial a cigar is the more I want to try it, just to see if it really lives up to it's reputation. This ACID sure did. Thing is, I really like Drew Estate's more traditional cigars, like the LVH line.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:54 PM 05-11-2009
I am glad the Maduro Egg was not ACIDish.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:33 PM 05-11-2009
:-) Sounds like your experience was the same as mine: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2963

I am sure you smoked more of it than I did though :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:22 PM 05-11-2009
LOL I have yet to try an Acid partially because of the rep, and partially because I would have to make a special coolidor for them!! No way they are going near my stashes!
[Reply]
Cigary 02:59 AM 05-12-2009
Lol,,,great review and you are pretty accurate with your assessment of an Acid Blondie,,,,if you can find a dog walking around after having an Acid pick up the dog, lift up his tail and lick his a$$ as this should get the taste of that nasty Acid out of your mouth.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:08 AM 05-12-2009
The only "proven" way to get the taste out is by licking pavement.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:07 AM 05-12-2009
The Blondie is actually the only one of the Acid line that I can tolerate. Since I don't want to just "tolerate" a cigar, I don't smoke them :-) but I do keep a few around for the right audience. Some folks love these. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
e-man67 06:18 AM 05-12-2009
You think those are bad try an Acid Nasty...looks and tastes like one of those incense cones...man do they SUCK! :-)
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 06:20 AM 05-12-2009
Great review!
[Reply]
lightning9191 06:22 AM 05-12-2009
Thanks for the review...it made me laugh.
[Reply]
Bax 06:33 AM 05-12-2009
But remember the troops love these! Don't chuck 'em, send them to Fred! :-)
[Reply]
OLS 06:44 AM 05-12-2009
But what is the deal with the TROOPS? Am I wrong in reading that they love them, or at least love GETTING them? I love our fighting folks, but I was starting to question their judgment, lol. I read somewhere that someone in one of the troop threads that some of
them were happy to get them. Of course, maybe they wrongly assumed that if they complained, we would stop sending them, lol. We won't. :-)
[Reply]
borndead1 06:48 AM 05-12-2009
The good thing about ACIDs is that people don't complain about the smell of them.

EDIT: I should say MOST people don't complain. Other cigar smokers will complain. :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:34 AM 05-12-2009
Glad you survived!!!:-)
[Reply]
Bax 07:51 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
But what is the deal with the TROOPS? Am I wrong in reading that they love them, or at least love GETTING them? I love our fighting folks, but I was starting to question their judgment, lol. I read somewhere that someone in one of the troop threads that some of
them were happy to get them. Of course, maybe they wrongly assumed that if they complained, we would stop sending them, lol. We won't. :-)
I'm guessing it's the same guys and gals that love menthol cigarettes. Closest thing to a Newport or Marlboro Menthol, I guess. I still can't belive the number of people that smoke White Owl Grapes and Peach. But to each his own :-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 08:27 AM 05-12-2009
Originally Posted by OLS:
I can tell you now, they do actually like these things. I had one guy purchase four boxes of ACID Kuba Kubas for shipment to Afghanistan.
[Reply]
STYX&STONED 08:36 AM 05-12-2009
Life is to short to waste time smoking shittyyyyyy cigars!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up