Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Entertainment>Star Trek: TNG
mariogolbee 04:26 PM 07-12-2011
Originally Posted by Kreth:
DS9 was my fave for the big Klingon arc, even though the series premise was a blatant B5 ripoff...
Posted via Mobile Device
I love DS9! And TNG! And DSL's!
[Reply]
Kreth 04:47 PM 07-12-2011
I usually stay up on my night off so my sleep schedule doesn't get out of whack, and I've been watching TNG at 4 am on WGN. It's aged pretty well.
As for ranking the series:
DS9
TNG
TOS
Enterprise
Voyager (Janeway. Ugh.)

Has anyone watched the ST: New Voyages webisodes? Not bad, but some gaping plot holes, like Chekov dying. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:01 PM 07-12-2011
Has anyone watched the ST: New Voyages webisodes? Not bad, but some gaping plot holes, like Chekov dying. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Chekov dies? WTF?
[Reply]
blugill 10:33 PM 07-30-2011
I've got the entire ST:TNG series on DVD.
I plan on watching them in order the first two or three weeks I retire from my job in another 11 years!
Love that series, never miss an episode when it comes up on TV.
Great series that got better over time.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:41 PM 07-30-2011
I usually stay up on my night off so my sleep schedule doesn't get out of whack, and I've been watching TNG at 4 am on WGN. It's aged pretty well.
As for ranking the series:
DS9
TNG
TOS
Enterprise
Voyager (Janeway. Ugh.)

Posted via Mobile Device
I've watched one or two episodes. Not bad for a fan made show. As far as Chekov dying, maybe this is set in an alternate reality, kinda like the new film?:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:45 PM 08-01-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I love DS9! And TNG! And DSL's!
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:43 AM 10-20-2011
I just had to. Image
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:48 PM 10-20-2011
I just had to. Image
:-)

I watched an Episode of TNG last night: Cause and Effect
[Reply]
mariogolbee 01:29 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
:-)

I watched an Episode of TNG last night: Cause and Effect
AWESOME!:-) I finished the entire series a week or two ago.

I have decided to watch all of Voyager since I never actually gave it much attention. I hope they hurry up and bring 7 of 9 on. Voyager is...entertaining, but it seems that there isn't much going on. I'm through an entire season and have witnessed very few battles, the ship shaking violently in nearly every single episode, Janeway always making overly intense facial expressions, and everyone thinking that the most bizarre events are "impossible" even though the Federation should have tons of data that "impossible" is just "improbable" by now. ARGH!:-) But, it is more Star Trek and I will watch it every night for the low cost of $7.99 per month streaming.
[Reply]
DBall 07:21 PM 10-20-2011
AWESOME!:-) I finished the entire series a week or two ago.

I have decided to watch all of Voyager since I never actually gave it much attention. I hope they hurry up and bring 7 of 9 on. Voyager is...entertaining, but it seems that there isn't much going on. I'm through an entire season and have witnessed very few battles, the ship shaking violently in nearly every single episode, Janeway always making overly intense facial expressions, and everyone thinking that the most bizarre events are "impossible" even though the Federation should have tons of data that "impossible" is just "improbable" by now. ARGH!:-) But, it is more Star Trek and I will watch it every night for the low cost of $7.99 per month streaming.
Voyager becomes a great series later on. DS9 is my favorite of the franchise and Even Enterprise is really good.

One of the best sci-fi series in my opinion is the new Battlestar Galactica. If that's still streaming, check it out... :-)
[Reply]
357 11:07 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:
Voyager becomes a great series later on. DS9 is my favorite of the franchise and Even Enterprise is really good.

One of the best sci-fi series in my opinion is the new Battlestar Galactica. If that's still streaming, check it out... :-)
Battlestar Galactica is great TV. I never watched it, until I began streaming it a couple months ago. I dont' have time to watch every night, but I LOVE it. I love the entire Stargate series, but ran out of options there recently so I started streaming Battlestar Galactica. It is very well done.
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 11:08 AM 10-24-2011
I take it you mean the newer Battlestar Galactica and not the original?
[Reply]
357 11:50 AM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
I take it you mean the newer Battlestar Galactica and not the original?
Yes. I've never seen the original.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:24 PM 10-24-2011
Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history. I watched most episodes of DS9, but it started getting a little too weird for my taste, but I hung in there. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as TNG. Couldn't get into Enterprise at all, even though I like Scott Bakula from his days on Quantum Leap. Voyager? Meh.
[Reply]
Ratters 06:04 PM 10-24-2011
I could get into Enterprise.

[Reply]
357 10:49 AM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I could get into Enterprise.

Yes. Me too. :-)

I liked all of the Star Trek series some. Voyager was the worst with Janeway and her "macho" faces she was always sporting.

DS9 I just lost track of. I may have to revisit that series via NetFlix. I really liked Enterprise, but TNG is probably my fav.
[Reply]
ThePict 10:12 AM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history. I watched most episodes of DS9, but it started getting a little too weird for my taste, but I hung in there. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as TNG. Couldn't get into Enterprise at all, even though I like Scott Bakula from his days on Quantum Leap. Voyager? Meh.
Absolutely agree with you on Inner Light. Truly an amazing episode and a terrific example of what Star Trek can be about. One of my personal all time favorites from all the series, and I've been there for them all since I first discovered the origional show in the late sixties.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:21 AM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:

I'm about half way through the third season now and there are a few episodes that have made me grow on it by now. I still think that the ship shakes nearly every episode, Janeway makes those overly dramatic faces, and Tuvok melds with everyone and their sister, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I'll need to give BSG a try some time. However, it may be a year or more before I can get to it.
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Watched every episode of TNG when it first aired. To this day, The Inner Light is not only my favorite episode of that series, but probably one of my favorite episodes in television history.
I enjoyed Inner Light. I like how they make references to that episode later throughout the course of the series.
[Reply]
357 12:47 PM 11-03-2011
I'm about half way through the third season now and there are a few episodes that have made me grow on it by now. I still think that the ship shakes nearly every episode, Janeway makes those overly dramatic faces, and Tuvok melds with everyone and their sister, but I'm enjoying it so far.

I'll need to give BSG a try some time. However, it may be a year or more before I can get to it.

I enjoyed Inner Light. I like how they make references to that episode later throughout the course of the series.
You'll love BSG. Make sure you see the first episode. Netflix doesn't have it, many places list the first episode as a pilot. It's 100% essential to see it first before "Episode 1".
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:00 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
You'll love BSG. Make sure you see the first episode. Netflix doesn't have it, many places list the first episode as a pilot. It's 100% essential to see it first before "Episode 1".
Thanks for the heads up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up