Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Short filler Shortage
bruceolee 11:32 AM 02-09-2022
So, i watched a video on the recent T.P.E. and the worry about short filler shortage and it got me wondering. It's not only short filler but packaging and band product shortage these manufacturers are facing. does this mean we will be seeing some higher end bundles coming out as manufacturers look to unload premium products at a discount to us? What have you guys been hearing and is it time to panic buy? Anyways, i thought someone here might have more insight into what is happening behind the scenes. God bless you all!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:46 AM 02-10-2022
It was time to panic buy in 2019. :-) :-)
[Reply]
markem 10:06 AM 02-10-2022
IMO, a shortage of tobacco never leads to sales or price decreases.
[Reply]
kydsid 12:08 PM 02-10-2022
I've heard the shortages are so bad they can't even find virgins to roll cigars on their thighs anymore. They've had to settle for dirvocee's.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:47 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I've heard the shortages are so bad they can't even find virgins to roll cigars on their thighs anymore. They've had to settle for dirvocee's.
That must explain the dry cigars! :-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:29 PM 02-10-2022
Could always toss a few A's in a vitamix for a few seconds... shortage solved.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:49 AM 02-11-2022
Originally Posted by kydsid:

Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
That must explain the dry cigars! :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 08:17 AM 02-11-2022
If you listen to the Hot Ticket Podcast, they just had an interview with Chris Doyle from Luxury Cigar Club taking about how the shortages are going to affect the industry in the next few years. Nicaraguan tobacco is going to get very expensive because of a few years of bad crops + increased demand. Davidoff et al are buying up entire crops right now.
[Reply]
Brandon 08:56 AM 02-11-2022
$10 for a quality blend petit Corona is here to stay. It takes months to see the effects of material shortages, and growing/harvesting/curing delays. Don’t expect the shelves to get restocked to former days until the world is restored to “normal”for quite a while. The days of sales and bargains are lonnngggg gone.
[Reply]
Up