Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Scotch over ice
jrw 08:43 PM 10-28-2009
So, what would you smoke with this? Something well-aged, no doubt.:-)

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/e...kletons-whisky
[Reply]
macpappy 08:45 PM 10-28-2009
First, put the ice in your glass, swirl it around a few times and then dump it out and pour your Scotch in.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:48 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
First, put the ice in your glass, swirl it around a few times and then dump it out and pour your Scotch in.
No.

Take an ice cold bottle of spring water, put a little in the glass and swirl it around and then dump it out and pour your scotch.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:10 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
No.

Take an ice cold bottle of spring water, put a little in the glass and swirl it around and then dump it out and pour your scotch.
What? You don't use artesian spring water to make your ice?
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:51 PM 10-28-2009
At -50* F? I would smoke the shortest cigar I have. Brrrrrr.
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:16 PM 10-28-2009
I read that article this morning and have been thinking about it all day. I would absolutely love a bottle from those cases. How old it is, who it came from, where it's been--probably the most interesting bottle you'd ever have come into your hands.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:25 AM 10-29-2009
You have to buy bottled water from Scotland... :-)
[Reply]
mmblz 07:59 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by Darrell:
No.

No.

Take a glass, pour in the scotch.
What's wrong with you people???
:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 08:02 AM 10-29-2009
After actually reading the story (which I should have done first), I would say it would be appropriate to melt some Antarctic ice in your glass first and then dump it.

Seriously though, I made a trip to the base in McMurdo in 1973/74 aboard a Coast Guard icebreaker. At the time each enlisted man was allowed to buy one bottle of wine and one bottle of hard liquor per week. If I remember correctly the wine was $4 and the hard liquor was $7 - and the brand didn't matter. I bought a bottle of Pinch which I kept and a bottle of Mateus which I traded to for a bottle of Wild Turkey.
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:02 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You have to buy bottled water from Scotland... :-)
I once bought ice cubes from Scotland.
[Reply]
Slavac 10:33 AM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by mmblz:
No.

Word. Though, I like to keep my glasses in the freezer.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:48 AM 10-29-2009
No.

No.

A little dash of water swished around helps to open up the scotch. It does not take much. :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 11:25 AM 10-29-2009
No.

You're all wrong. Open bottle, put to lips, drink. No need to create extra dishes to wash :-)
[Reply]
Up