Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Seasonal Six Pack
itsme_timd 03:00 PM 09-18-2009
Most weekends I like to pick up a little sampler of beers I haven't tried. Inspired by the cooler nights, the leaves starting to fall and some of the thread started by others, I got a Seasonal Six Pack for this weekend.

Some Oktoberfests and some pumpkin brews, I haven't tried any of these but am looking forward to cracking one open soon. :-)

[Reply]
htown 03:05 PM 09-18-2009
Thats only five Tim.
[Reply]
itsme_timd 03:11 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by htown:
Thats only five Tim.
LOL.. there's another Sam Adams hiding in the six-pack container... :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 04:24 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by itsme_timd:
Most weekends I like to pick up a little sampler of beers I haven't tried. Inspired by the cooler nights, the leaves starting to fall and some of the thread started by others, I got a Seasonal Six Pack for this weekend.

Some Oktoberfests and some pumpkin brews, I haven't tried any of these but am looking forward to cracking one open soon. :-)

You're making me thirsty!!!:-)
[Reply]
Mark C 04:33 PM 09-18-2009
I'm drinking one of the Leinenkugel's right now, I'm a fan.

If you like Pumpkin Ale, grab Post Road and/or Buffalo Bill's pumpkin ales. In my opinion, they're the best, but I tend to like more 'spice' less 'pumpkin'. The Dogfish Head is more pumpkin. But still all good beers, enjoy!
[Reply]
itsme_timd 04:35 PM 09-18-2009
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I'm drinking one of the Leinenkugel's right now, I'm a fan.

If you like Pumpkin Ale, grab Post Road and/or Buffalo Bill's pumpkin ales. In my opinion, they're the best, but I tend to like more 'spice' less 'pumpkin'. The Dogfish Head is more pumpkin. But still all good beers, enjoy!
Thanks for the info. I'll find out soon if I like the pumpkin brews!

I've enjoyed the other Leinenkugel's I've tried so curious to see how this one is.
[Reply]
AD720 04:35 PM 09-18-2009
I've yet to have a Weyerbacher I haven't enjoyed. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:40 PM 09-18-2009

Oh, never mind.......
[Reply]
itsme_timd 10:34 PM 09-18-2009
UPDATE! :-)

[Reply]
jledou 05:50 AM 09-19-2009
Hmmm looks like someone snuck in to crash the party :-)

I do like the Sam Adams
Any thoughts on the others?
[Reply]
itsme_timd 10:33 AM 09-19-2009
Originally Posted by jledou:
Hmmm looks like someone snuck in to crash the party

I do like the Sam Adams
Any thoughts on the others?
HAHA.. yep, those Terrapin's are sneaky like that! Here's my :-) on the others... All-in-all a great beer night! (I made my notes as I was drinking... :-))

Dogfish Head Punk - Loved it. Kinda sweet with light pumpkin. Could drink these way too fast if given the opportunity.

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Another sweet one. Cinnamon and nutmeg very noticeable in this one. I like it.

Sam Adams Octoberfest - Another good one. Not as sweet or spicy as the other two. Very smooth. NOM.

Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest - This one is decent. Less sweet than any of the other pumpkins and Oktoberfests I've had tonight. More hoppierer. Still enjoyable.

Paulaner Oktoberfest - Not crazy about this one, very malty with a chalky finish. But it is beer #5 so, whatever.

Terrapin Gamma Ray - Time to kick it up a notch. This beer is good, very good. Thicker, sweet... 11% ABV. NOM+1.
[Reply]
dubnick 10:55 AM 09-19-2009
MMMmmmmm...

DogFish Head Punk Ale... My favorite of the season...

And I agree, I DO drink these too fast!!! :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 11:06 AM 09-19-2009
Originally Posted by itsme_timd:
HAHA.. yep, those Terrapin's are sneaky like that! Here's my :-) on the others... All-in-all a great beer night! (I made my notes as I was drinking... :-))

Dogfish Head Punk - Loved it. Kinda sweet with light pumpkin. Could drink these way too fast if given the opportunity.

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale - Another sweet one. Cinnamon and nutmeg very noticeable in this one. I like it.

Sam Adams Octoberfest - Another good one. Not as sweet or spicy as the other two. Very smooth. NOM.

Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest - This one is decent. Less sweet than any of the other pumpkins and Oktoberfests I've had tonight. More hoppierer. Still enjoyable.

Paulaner Oktoberfest - Not crazy about this one, very malty with a chalky finish. But it is beer #5 so, whatever.

Terrapin Gamma Ray - Time to kick it up a notch. This beer is good, very good. Thicker, sweet... 11% ABV. NOM+1.
Thats fekkin' funny right there
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 02:01 PM 09-19-2009
Paulaner makes a mighty fine Hefe-Weizen too! :-)
[Reply]
Up