Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Davidoff Puro d'Oro Gordito
nutcracker 06:42 AM 03-29-2016
Now out of the gate, I will say I believe Davidoff is over priced. At close to $20 for this little guy, I do expect something comparable to a C.c.

Its a 58x3.75" Dominican puro with (my guess) a colorado color wrapper. The wrapper is silky and soft, flawless. I used a straight cut on it and got a few loose pieces of tobacco (annoying).

The light and burn were however perfect, and she goes steadily and slowly along - an hour or more if you sip on it. The flavors are of medium intensity, but quite complex. At about halfway it was producing copious smoke with a buttery texture with yeasty, coffee notes. It reminded me of a soft bun like they do in Amsterdam, with high quality butter and a chunk of sweet Gouda cheese - and a cup of "Koffie verkeerd".

For me this is as close to habanos flavors as one can get. Comparable in size and quality to approx an R&J short Churchill - at almost twice the price.

Very nice cigar.

Over priced.
[Reply]
Brlesq 08:51 AM 03-29-2016
Coincidentally I smoked one of these as well last night. I've always enjoyed this line. Too bad they are going to be discontinuing them.
http://halfwheel.com/davidoff-discon...io-no-2/110875
[Reply]
Up