Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Philly PA B&M's
papajohn67 05:02 PM 03-09-2009
So were headed to Philly the end of April. Were staying in Downtown Philly for 3 nights. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a well stocked B&M so I can do something to get away from the wife for a few hours? :-)
[Reply]
ronhoffman2 05:27 PM 03-09-2009
Holt's.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:30 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by ronhoffman2:
Holt's.
:-) Have a friend who said good things about it!
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:35 PM 03-09-2009
Just around the corner from Holt's is Black Cat cigars. You gotta hit both!
[Reply]
AD720 05:38 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by ronhoffman2:
Holt's.
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
:-) Have a friend who said good things about it!
:-)

Right above Holt's is Mahogany, the only cigar bar in Philly. While folks have mixed opinions about it I have had nothing but positive experiences and our latest Herf went really well.

LMK when you are around, I would love to meet up with you and maybe we can even get some of the other guys out.
[Reply]
AD720 05:40 PM 03-09-2009
Also if you have any other questions about Philly (sights, public transportation, good eats) let me know. I love to share my experiences and knowledge of our fair city. :-)
[Reply]
papajohn67 05:47 PM 03-09-2009
Amazing, according to the maps I just looked at Holt's is like a 5 minute walk from the Doubletree Hotel. Could not get any easier. :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:37 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:

Right above Holt's is Mahogany, the only cigar bar in Philly. While folks have mixed opinions about it I have had nothing but positive experiences and our latest Herf went really well.

LMK when you are around, I would love to meet up with you and maybe we can even get some of the other guys out.
I've been there John.It's a very cool old row house,converted.And Holt's is a great shop.They are online.
[Reply]
scoot 10:07 PM 03-09-2009
Holt's and Black Cat are the major ones downtown. If you get out of the downtown area, there's BnB Cigars up in Chestnut Hill and Philly Smoke Shop in the Northeast, both are quality shops.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:21 PM 03-09-2009
Eat at Jim's on South Street. Geno's is crap. Haven't had Pat's yet.
[Reply]
scoot 10:38 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
There are a lot of good steak places in the city, but Pat's and Geno's ain't one of 'em.
[Reply]
AD720 07:41 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Originally Posted by scoot:
There are a lot of good steak places in the city, but Pat's and Geno's ain't one of 'em.
Or just forget the whole "cheesesteak" paradigm and head down to Tony Lukesto get a roast pork w/cheese and greens for a REAL taste of South Philly. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:45 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Amazing, according to the maps I just looked at Holt's is like a 5 minute walk from the Doubletree Hotel. Could not get any easier. :-)

Only if you walk SLOW :-).....Let me know when you're coming to town...maybe we can meet up....My office is 1/2 block from Holt's....and a block from your hotel...
[Reply]
scoot 09:51 AM 03-10-2009
Or just forget the whole "cheesesteak" paradigm and head down to Tony Lukesto get a roast pork w/cheese and greens for a REAL taste of South Philly. :-)
Or better yet, John's Roast Pork right up the street, but why have one when you can easily have both. And as for a taste of South Philly, my favorite steak place is all the way up in the Northeast. Steve's Prince of Steak on Bustleton Ave.
[Reply]
Noodles 10:17 AM 03-10-2009
[Reply]
Up