Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 138
« First < 4888969798 99100108 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
blank 05:10 PM 12-15-2012
so the last few cigars ive had gave me a tingly feeling on my lips. usually about half way through. is this good bad or whatever?
[Reply]
hammondc 05:12 PM 12-15-2012
Could be the nicotine. It does weird stuff. If I smoke a LOT, my toes will beel tingly and cold. Then I barf.

Could be a localized allergy to something in the tobacco. Probably nothing to be concerned with.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:14 PM 12-15-2012
Originally Posted by blank:
so the last few cigars ive had gave me a tingly feeling on my lips. usually about half way through. is this good bad or whatever?
Sounds like tar buildup, often that will give you that feeling on the lips. Check the end of the cigar on a paper towel, if you see a dark brown stain, that is tar. Not a good thing. You can recut and purge(blow through the cigar), often this will reduce the buildup. It also has a very bitter taste.

This can often be reduced by smoking slower and not pulling as hard as you puff. But sometimes it happens for no apparent reason. :-)
[Reply]
blank 05:17 PM 12-15-2012
cool i will try that next time i smoke a stick.
[Reply]
Cookee 08:53 PM 12-16-2012
Is there a way to tell a cigar has too much draw or too little, or is it preference?

If this has been answered already just post a link to it; I did some searching but still getting use to overall website not that I more time due to holidays.

Cook
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:56 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by Cookee:
Is there a way to tell a cigar has too much draw or too little, or is it preference?

If this has been answered already just post a link to it; I did some searching but still getting use to overall website not that I more time due to holidays.

Cook
It's really personal preference. If you feel a the draw is too loose, then it is and vice versa.

Sometimes a cigar that is too dry or under humidified can be too lose and a wet cigar can draw a little tight. Sometimes, it's about how they were rolled. Lots of factors here, but I still think it comes down to a personal preference.
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 09:15 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Sounds like tar buildup, often that will give you that feeling on the lips. Check the end of the cigar on a paper towel, if you see a dark brown stain, that is tar. Not a good thing. You can recut and purge(blow through the cigar), often this will reduce the buildup. It also has a very bitter taste.

This can often be reduced by smoking slower and not pulling as hard as you puff. But sometimes it happens for no apparent reason. :-)
The tingly feeling can be caused just by the nicotine too, I get it sometimes when I smoke a stronger stick.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:21 PM 12-16-2012
La Aurora Choix Supreme
Tat Black Lancero from the Old Man and the C
PAM 64 Diplomatico(IDK why, but this one just didn't agree with me today, none of the flavor I associate with a PAM)
Anejo Shark
[Reply]
pnoon 09:27 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
La Aurora Choix Supreme
Tat Black Lancero from the Old Man and the C
PAM 64 Diplomatico(IDK why, but this one just didn't agree with me today, none of the flavor I associate with a PAM)
Anejo Shark
Was this meant for a different thread?
[Reply]
Zane 09:31 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Was this meant for a different thread?
*puts on his captain obvious hat" looks like its for today's smoke. :-).
[Reply]
pnoon 09:32 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by ZaneG:
*puts on his captain obvious hat" looks like its for today's smoke. :-).
It's my hat and you can't have it. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:24 PM 12-16-2012
[Reply]
DaBear 10:43 PM 12-16-2012
herp, clicked the wrong thread and just went all the way to the bottom to quick reply. my bad
[Reply]
icehog3 10:46 PM 12-16-2012
Ah, happens to the best of us. Even the worst of us, like me. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:47 PM 12-16-2012
$hit happens.

Every Thursday night. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:49 PM 12-16-2012

No S.H.I.T.?? :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 10:50 PM 12-16-2012
That's just wrong.
Where's an admin when you need one?

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:51 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
That's just wrong.
Where's an admin when you need one?

:-)
Hey! I'm a starfish!

[Reply]
nordynorton82 01:22 AM 12-17-2012
So i'm wondering whats better. I bought a desktop humidor and a bottle of the 70% solution stuff. Now my hydrometer is only reading 55 after a few weeks of fluctuating. A friend told me there is a way to test the hydrometer and that the solution is not a good idea. Any input would kick a lot of butt. I'm tryin not to wreck the sticks i do have and i need to know. nothing sucks worse than a soggy or dry stick
[Reply]
big_jaygee 04:28 AM 12-17-2012
How to Test and Calibrate a Hygrometer:

Fill a milk bottle cap or other small container with salt, and add a few drops of water (not enough to dissolve the salt). (or you can use a 75.5 % humidipak)

Put the cap inside of a baggie or plastic container along with your hygrometer, and seal the bag.

Wait 6 hours, then check the reading on your hygrometer without opening the bag (or immediately after removing). If the reading is 75%, then your hygrometer is accurate and no adjustment is required.

If the reading is not precisely 75%, then adjust the hygrometer to 75% by turning the screw or dial on the back. This must be done immediately after removing from the bag or container, before room conditions cause the reading to change.

If there is no screw (or dial) to recalibrate your hygrometer, then you will just have to remember to add or subtract the difference between the test reading and 75%, in order to determine the actual humidity level inside of your humidor. For example, if your hygrometer test reading was 80%, then subtract 5% from the readings you get inside of your humidor, to determine the actual levels of humidity (e.g. a reading of 70% inside your humidor equals an actual humidity level of 65%).

and yes i did copy and paste (do i need to list the source?)... a whole lot faster then typing all of this lol :-)
[Reply]
Page 98 of 138
« First < 4888969798 99100108 > Last »
Up