Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 90 of 138
« First < 4080888990 9192100 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Reaver2145 02:27 PM 02-14-2012
How should i light a shaggy foot cigar ive only had one and i torched it but should i of cut the shaggyness off instead.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:30 PM 02-14-2012
You can just light them as you would any other cigar.

I prefer to chop off the shaggy foot but that's just me.
[Reply]
croatan 02:31 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
How should i light a shaggy foot cigar ive only had one and i torched it but should i of cut the shaggyness off instead.
You can light them normally. I actually like the way cigars burn when you light the shaggy the foot.
[Reply]
Jefft72 02:32 PM 02-14-2012
The only shaggy foot that I have smoked I lit foot like I would any other cigar, leaving all shaggieness in tact. I believe that was the intent with that style. If you cut the shag, then you would have a standard foot cigar.

Originally Posted by Reaver2145:

[Reply]
14holestogie 02:43 PM 02-14-2012
Lighting the shaggy end also lets you see just how much the wrapper affects the taste when you finally hit it. :-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 02:11 AM 02-24-2012
I've seen zip lock bags with dividers for cigars, is there a way to DIY?
[Reply]
sevans105 02:43 AM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
I've seen zip lock bags with dividers for cigars, is there a way to DIY?
Super glue and a very steady hand. Thats actually how they make them. They usually employ young children in third world countries. They have the small nimble fingers needed to do the gluing. Mortality rate is fairly high due to the toxic fumes from the glue. That's whyI refuse to use them. They are very convenient, but my conscience won't allow me to use them knowing that a young child may have died for my cigars.

Just kidding. I have no idea. I just buy them here when they do group buys.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:47 AM 02-24-2012
if you have a plastic sealing machine you can diy

Image]
[Reply]
Fredo456 06:23 PM 02-24-2012
I'm sure it's been covered already, but what is bombing?

Thanks.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:25 PM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by Fredo456:

Thanks.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2190

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3914
[Reply]
markem 06:34 PM 02-24-2012
What an excellent question! The original and core idea of bombing has sort of been lost at CA, but I will go with the original definition because that's really the spirit that drives all bombing.

Sometimes you notice that someone is being particularly helpful or is having a rough patch or even a good patch of luck or simply is someone on the board whom you have noted. You decide that you would like to send this person some cigars (or maybe something else or even a lot else!) and want to make it a surprise gift "just to make their day." That's called bombing. Often times, people will use the recipient's address as the "ship from" address to make it completely anonymous. This is sort of equivalent to walking up to someone at a herf and handing them a cigar and walking away.

It's about spreading sunshine without calling attention to yourself.

Doesn't quite work that way for many on CA these days, but the spirit is the same.

Note that people often have their addresses in the official CA Rolodex, which is maintained by Pnoon. There are some basic rules about getting access that are designed to thwart spammers. Look for the Rolodex sticky. It used to be much harder to get addresses, which was actually part of the fun.
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:09 PM 02-24-2012

Thanks.
Feel free to give me your address, I'll mail you some literature on that topic. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:36 PM 02-24-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
What an excellent question! The original and core idea of bombing has sort of been lost at CA, but I will go with the original definition because that's really the spirit that drives all bombing.

Sometimes you notice that someone is being particularly helpful or is having a rough patch or even a good patch of luck or simply is someone on the board whom you have noted. You decide that you would like to send this person some cigars (or maybe something else or even a lot else!) and want to make it a surprise gift "just to make their day." That's called bombing. Often times, people will use the recipient's address as the "ship from" address to make it completely anonymous. This is sort of equivalent to walking up to someone at a herf and handing them a cigar and walking away.

It's about spreading sunshine without calling attention to yourself.

Doesn't quite work that way for many on CA these days, but the spirit is the same.

Note that people often have their addresses in the official CA Rolodex, which is maintained by Pnoon. There are some basic rules about getting access that are designed to thwart spammers. Look for the Rolodex sticky. It used to be much harder to get addresses, which was actually part of the fun.

Excellent post, Mark. Sums it up nicely.

And you're right, it seems like the sending a bomb for the benefit of the recipient to receive something they may enjoy has been mostly lost and it has become more of a "look at me" exercise by many.
[Reply]
Fredo456 06:32 AM 02-25-2012
Why do most samplers from Famous include robusto cigars and hardly any longer ones? Are they cheaper to make, a new trend, or ...?
[Reply]
irratebass 06:48 AM 02-25-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I like anonymous bombs. Truly shows that it was a gift, with no return expected or desired.
Unless of course, you're like me and leave the address UNDER the white paper that you weren't SUPPOSED to see lol *facepalm*
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:27 AM 02-25-2012
Why do most samplers from Famous include robusto cigars and hardly any longer ones? Are they cheaper to make, a new trend, or ...?
The most popular size of North American cigar smokers. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:38 AM 02-25-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Unless of course, you're like me and leave the address UNDER the white paper that you weren't SUPPOSED to see lol *facepalm*
True dat, Mickey. :-)
[Reply]
Fredo456 02:19 PM 02-26-2012
What is the difference between body and flavor? I see reviews making a distinction between the two, i.e.: "full flavored and medium to full bodied".
[Reply]
T.G 02:24 PM 02-26-2012
What is the difference between body and flavor? I see reviews making a distinction between the two, i.e.: "full flavored and medium to full bodied".
Body is how strong the cigar is (nicotine).

Flavor is the "intensity" of the flavor.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:26 PM 02-26-2012
At what low point does the RH start to really affect the flavor in a negative way? 50? 55? And how high can the RH get with a cigar? 80? 90?

Just seems like everyone has their preference between about 60-70, so just wondering what the extremes could theoretically be at either end of the spectrum.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 138
« First < 4080888990 9192100 > Last »
Up