Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 89 of 138
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
kenstogie 12:26 PM 01-24-2012
Guitar strings vary in diameter. I typically use "11's" on my acoustic. The lowest sounding string is called the "E" string and has ridges which I think would help with some airflow for a plugged cigar.
[Reply]
smitty81 10:14 AM 02-07-2012
Any tips to keep a cigar tasting fresh if you have to put it out for a while?

Like if you have to go and do something and your not done with it.

Usually after you leave them sit for a few minutes, they taste nasty when you relight.
[Reply]
Remo 10:16 AM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:

Usually after you leave them sit for a few minutes, they taste nasty when you relight.
Cut it off and purge it (blow out through it) won't be great when relit but it will work.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:16 AM 02-07-2012

Purge before you leave.. Then purge again when you return to your cigar. Should be fine if you aren't away for too long.
[Reply]
smitty81 10:39 AM 02-07-2012
when you purge, do you purge while its lit or when its out or does it matter?
[Reply]
Islayphile 10:41 AM 02-07-2012
when you purge, do you purge while its lit or when its out or does it matter?
I'd do both

Purge right before you snip then purge again after

It can't hurt and certainly may help
[Reply]
trendo 12:33 AM 02-09-2012
As long as your cutter is sharp, just purge then clip. Just dont try to put it back into your humidor:-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:37 PM 02-09-2012
I just ran into this (I've never shipped cigars before) so I figured I'd share, when printing shipping labels on USPS.com it'll say:

* I agree that I will present any items that are liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous to a postal employee for acceptance and that all fragile items are properly packaged. Any item containing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco must be presented to a Postal Service employee at a Retail Post Office location for proper acceptance. See DMM601.11.6.1a

I usually account for people's ignorance (thinking cigarettes count as cigars, etc.) however this does NOT apply towards cigars so it should be taken literally. Just print it and you're good to go!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:19 PM 02-09-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
I just ran into this (I've never shipped cigars before) so I figured I'd share, when printing shipping labels on USPS.com it'll say:

* I agree that I will present any items that are liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous to a postal employee for acceptance and that all fragile items are properly packaged. Any item containing cigarettes or smokeless tobacco must be presented to a Postal Service employee at a Retail Post Office location for proper acceptance. See DMM601.11.6.1a

I usually account for people's ignorance (thinking cigarettes count as cigars, etc.) however this does NOT apply towards cigars so it should be taken literally. Just print it and you're good to go!
Or just answer 'No' to all their questions, never had an issue. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:03 AM 02-10-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Or just answer 'No' to all their questions, never had an issue. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:40 AM 02-12-2012
  1. Is it considered rude to cigar bomb a senior member without warning if you're a beginner?
  2. What's the best way to ship a bottle of beer and cigars in a flatrate box - lots of bubble wrap?
  3. When shipping cigars, is it OK for cigars to be "on route" in a shipping box for several days? (Won't they dry out?)
  4. Can cigar boxes be used as a humidor to some extent?

[Reply]
T.G 08:23 AM 02-12-2012
  1. Is it considered rude to cigar bomb a senior member without warning if you're a beginner?
  2. What's the best way to ship a bottle of beer and cigars in a flatrate box - lots of bubble wrap?
  3. When shipping cigars, is it OK for cigars to be "on route" in a shipping box for several days? (Won't they dry out?)
  4. Can cigar boxes be used as a humidor to some extent?
1. No. Just bear in mind the rules here regarding the sharing of addresses.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ring+addresses

2. Yup. The key is making sure nothing inside the box can move around at all. When they start moving around, the potential for damage goes up. Wrap each bottle individually, then place them in alternating directions across the bottom of the box, in other words, one bottle the cap points away from you, next it points towards you, then next one is away. Put the cigars in a small flat rate box and stick it inside the larger one (keeps the cigars from getting crushed). Use styrofoam blocks or better yet, more beer bottles, to wedge the Sm FLRB in place.

3. Sure. Just seal them in a ziploc bag and they will be fine for a week or two. Maybe longer depending on the time of year and what the box is exposed to.

4. Sometimes, but they often need minor modifications to make them seal well. Even the "humidor grade" cigar boxes can be hit and miss.
[Reply]
fencefixer 06:54 PM 02-12-2012
Thanks Adam!

Another question.. My Treasure Dome uses lid mounted humidifiers. The magnets keep coming off, I used some spray glue to glue it back on but now it's falling off again. Any recommendations? I don't wanna try random stuff and have the odor linger in my humidor.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:13 PM 02-12-2012
Thanks Adam!

Another question.. My Treasure Dome uses lid mounted humidifiers. The magnets keep coming off, I used some spray glue to glue it back on but now it's falling off again. Any recommendations? I don't wanna try random stuff and have the odor linger in my humidor.
Beads. :-)
[Reply]
fencefixer 07:46 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Beads. :-)
I will.. later. :P
[Reply]
icehog3 08:03 PM 02-12-2012
Later. :P
[Reply]
fencefixer 01:13 PM 02-14-2012
When you get cigar bombed, is a 'counter attack' towards the bomber common practice?
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:22 PM 02-14-2012
Retaliation bombings occur, but I don't think that they exemplify the best of "bombing". But it does happen. A lot.

In the best cases a bomb is a surprise with no expection of anything other than a "Thanks" and the hope that you might bomb someone else in the future.
[Reply]
pnoon 01:25 PM 02-14-2012
When you get cigar bombed, is a 'counter attack' towards the bomber common practice?
For some, it is common. Many feel it is better to pay it forward. I prefer the latter approach. Otherwise, it just amounts to an unplanned trade.
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 02:14 PM 02-14-2012
I like anonymous bombs. Truly shows that it was a gift, with no return expected or desired.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 138
« First < 3979878889 909199 > Last »
Up