Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 87 of 138
« First < 3777858687 888997137 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
14holestogie 02:15 PM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by coty:
Just checked back on this thanks for ths cedar info. Got another question " is there a good way to sharpen a cheap cutter that has sentimental value?
Not that I'm aware of. Save the sentimental cutter and buy a good one with a warranty (Palio or Xikar) to use. Never have to worry about a dull cutter again.
[Reply]
UpInSmoke 02:30 PM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Thanks guys!

Why are they sold out now? New Years?

What is the ONE to try out of the Opus X?
My preferred size and seems some others as well is the Petite Lancero and the Fuente Fuente corona.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:18 PM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by aaron72:
The triggers for release are for the Christmas season and for Fathers Day.
Thought that was the Anejos....
[Reply]
coty 06:20 PM 01-10-2012
Own one ( this one was from my wifes late uncle) but just seeing if some one knew something i didn't
[Reply]
44stampede 08:33 PM 01-10-2012
Anyone have an idea how to help a cigar with poor draw? I have some cuban Romeo y Julieta gifted to me that they were going to toss due to being a couple years old and not properly stored. They are rehydrated but draw is like sucking mud through a straw...
[Reply]
icehog3 09:37 PM 01-10-2012
Anyone have an idea how to help a cigar with poor draw? I have some cuban Romeo y Julieta gifted to me that they were going to toss due to being a couple years old and not properly stored. They are rehydrated but draw is like sucking mud through a straw...
A couple of members here sell draw tools, they can help some of the time. Others clip the head and then put them back in the humi for an extended period of time. And then there are some that just can't be saved.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:09 AM 01-11-2012
I have not tried, but has been said it works from good source...

Soak cigar in cold water for a few seconds. Put immediately in fridge for about a week. The point is to prevent mold & ammonia; fridge takes out the water pretty well. Once completely dry, put in humidor and wait a few weeks until humid and normalized.

Figure, if the cigars are known to be tight, what is the risk? Would love to hear if anybody has tried this.
[Reply]
44stampede 07:05 PM 01-11-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:

Soak cigar in cold water for a few seconds. Put immediately in fridge for about a week. The point is to prevent mold & ammonia; fridge takes out the water pretty well. Once completely dry, put in humidor and wait a few weeks until humid and normalized.

Figure, if the cigars are known to be tight, what is the risk? Would love to hear if anybody has tried this.
I'll give it a try and let you know!
[Reply]
coty 11:35 PM 01-12-2012
Guitar string straight through the middle and a little in and out motion helps me. Don't use the ones with the brass on them I'm pretty sure they would tear smoething up. I think it's the lowest string on the guitar that I'm using(I don't play so I have no real Idea of which it is).
[Reply]
irratebass 04:07 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by coty:
Guitar string straight through the middle and a little in and out motion helps me. Don't use the ones with the brass on them I'm pretty sure they would tear smoething up. I think it's the lowest string on the guitar that I'm using(I don't play so I have no real Idea of which it is).
That would be the high E string :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 04:37 AM 01-13-2012
I've had the most luck lopping the entire cap off, going at it viciously with a draw poker and then dry boxing them for 12-24 hours.

If that doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be and I just chuck it.

Sometimes too I've looked for the knot in the cigar, hopefully it's at one of the ends, and lopped off that much. Might waste 20-25 minutes out of the cigar but it might also save the rest.
[Reply]
44stampede 05:20 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I've had the most luck lopping the entire cap off, going at it viciously with a draw poker and then dry boxing them for 12-24 hours.

If that doesn't work then it wasn't meant to be and I just chuck it.

Sometimes too I've looked for the knot in the cigar, hopefully it's at one of the ends, and lopped off that much. Might waste 20-25 minutes out of the cigar but it might also save the rest.
It's just weird that it's everyone of this box. Starting to wonder if they are fakes...
[Reply]
44stampede 05:22 AM 01-13-2012
That's "every one" not everyone.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:30 AM 01-13-2012
It's just weird that it's everyone of this box. Starting to wonder if they are fakes...
What year?

What vitola?
[Reply]
44stampede 01:34 AM 01-14-2012
What year?

What vitola?
petit corona '05

they look fantastic
[Reply]
44stampede 02:54 AM 01-14-2012
What year?

What vitola?
Tried one last night again and the draw was still horrible and so was the taste (the little that you could taste). It burns fantastic and by the looks of it, appears to be a quality cigar. Weird.
[Reply]
44stampede 02:55 AM 01-14-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:

Have one in the fridge for the experiment. :-)
[Reply]
44stampede 02:09 AM 01-17-2012
How the heck do we upload photos?

I have a photobucket account now but can't figure it out!
[Reply]
Bill86 02:10 AM 01-17-2012
How the heck do we upload photos?

I have a photobucket account now but can't figure it out!
Upload the pictures to photobucket. Grab the URL and press the image button

OR

Use image tags

[IMG]INSERT LINK HERE[/IMG]
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:11 AM 01-17-2012
or just copy the IMG link that photobucket gives you
[Reply]
Page 87 of 138
« First < 3777858687 888997137 > Last »
Up