Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Coffee Discussion>AeroPress AeroPass in Motion - Additions Welcomed.
opus 10:30 AM 04-14-2009
First of all, I shipped this back to Moo today with a little something extra. Thanks for chance to use this space age marvel and see what the hoopla was about. I have neither puts (except for the little something extra for Dan), nor takes. Kept the cigars in my humi while they were here.

My thoughts on the aeropress:

Interesting gadget but not too impressed with my results although I must confess I have very limited experience with espresso. I was unable to obtain crema, false crema, kinda sorta crema, or anything close to crema. Perhaps my grinder is not up to the task. I tried Kona, Columbian, and Kenya AA. It is however very easy to use and clean and an interesting concept. I think I will stick with my French press and vaccuum brew. Thanks again for the opportunity to try this out.
[Reply]
opus 06:40 AM 04-19-2009
Looks like it made it home on Thursday.

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0000 2537 9515

Your item was delivered at 7:07 AM on April 16, 2009 in WENDELL, NC 27591.

Thanks again.
[Reply]
germantown rob 08:19 AM 04-19-2009
Originally Posted by opus:

My thoughts on the aeropress:

Interesting gadget but not too impressed with my results although I must confess I have very limited experience with espresso. I was unable to obtain crema, false crema, kinda sorta crema, or anything close to crema. Perhaps my grinder is not up to the task. I tried Kona, Columbian, and Kenya AA. It is however very easy to use and clean and an interesting concept. I think I will stick with my French press and vaccuum brew. Thanks again for the opportunity to try this out.
There is always one. :-)

I don't care for Kona, Columbian, and Kenya AA in the areopress or in a moka pot, I do like Yemen, brazil, el Salvador, and some Guatemala in it very much.

As far as false crema goes I assume you use fresh roast, no CO2 left equals no crema of any kind or bloom.
[Reply]
opus 05:21 PM 04-19-2009
Only fresh roast is ever used at our house. Perhaps it was the coffee origins, I just used what we like and had on hand green.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 08:06 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by opus:
Looks like it made it home on Thursday.

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0000 2537 9515

Your item was delivered at 7:07 AM on April 16, 2009 in WENDELL, NC 27591.

Thanks again.
It arrived alive, thanks. I appreciate your kind puts and I'm glad that many of you had a chance to try this novel coffeemaking method.

As for me, I smoked two Fuente Short Stories the other day, glupped down a pitcher of Kona and am trying to figure out which movie to watch first. Thanks for participating and thanks for the smokes, etc. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 456
Up