Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 103 of 270
« First < 35393101102103 104105113153203 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
dadof3illinois 04:43 PM 05-07-2011
Did something a little different with the ribeyes tonight. At least it was different for me.
I usually just sear my steaks on the grill then turn the temp down and finish cooking over indirect heat....just like everyone was taught. Might add a little dry rub once in awhile.
Well tonight I did two things a little different, just goofing around if you will.

I took the ribeyes and put them in the smoker for about 10 mins at 170 degrees with heavy hickory smoke. Took them out put them in a thick wet marinade of brown sugar, teriyaki, orange juice and worcestershire sauce for 30 min. Then put them on a white hot grill around 550 degrees for 3 min a side.
These things were great....LOL. I don't know how but man what a steak. Loads of flavor, juicy with a nice bark all around the edges.
What makes me mad is I'll never be able to get it to turn out the same again!!!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 04:45 PM 05-07-2011
Sounds really good Jerry. How was the smoke flavor? Did it have enough with only 10 mins in the smoker?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:04 PM 05-07-2011
That sounds beautiful, Jerry.
It is bachelor night here, so I don't know what I am going to do, but it will most certainly involve a large chunk of protien.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:13 PM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by dadof3illinois:
I don't know how but man what a steak. Loads of flavor, juicy with a nice bark all around the edges. What makes me mad is I'll never be able to get it to turn out the same again!!!
Sounds very tasty Jerry! So, simply repeat what you did today and take better mental notes and you should have it dialed in:-)
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 05:33 PM 05-07-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Sounds really good Jerry. How was the smoke flavor? Did it have enough with only 10 mins in the smoker?
I used hickory saw dust in my smoker to get a lot of smoke. 10 min worked pretty good. I didn't want to actually cook the meat in the smoker so i pulled it out quick. May leave it longer at lower temp next time, but I use a gas smoker and it's hard to get those low temps.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:31 AM 05-08-2011
Patrick (pfm721) finished law school this week and has been wanting to do a brisket cook before he moved away. We decided this would be the weekend.

He shows up Friday night with six full packer briskets. Figured he would get the meat ready for his party next weekend. We had a great time cooking and the briskets turned out GREAT!!! I wish I had thought of taking pics. The huge pan of burnt ends was a thing of beauty:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:39 AM 05-08-2011
I noticed that Sams had cryopacks of Beef Tongue in their case when I visited last week. Around here, not such a common thing to see, and I think most "butchers" around here would look at you like you had 3 eyes in this White Bread, Mushroom Soup Hotdish, mac-n-cheese region if you asked for them to special order a couple.
It's a good thing, and I hope to get a couple to do something creative and delicious before they stop carrying them because nobody is buying.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:52 AM 05-08-2011
I'd be interested to hear how your prepare them Pete. There's a local Mexican grocery I go to occasionally that carries fresh beef tongue. I'd had it in tacos before and thought it was pretty good.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:47 AM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Patrick (pfm721) finished law school this week and has been wanting to do a brisket cook before he moved away. We decided this would be the weekend.

He shows up Friday night with six full packer briskets. Figured he would get the meat ready for his party next weekend. We had a great time cooking and the briskets turned out GREAT!!! "I wish I had thought of taking pics." The huge pan of burnt ends was a thing of beauty:-)
Yeah, so do we Brent:-)

:-)

[Reply]
forgop 12:45 PM 05-08-2011
I tried beef tongue 20+ years ago when my grandmother made it. I don't recall the flavor being bad, but I just didn't like the texture.
[Reply]
OLS 02:17 PM 05-08-2011
Happy Mother's Day Smoke lovers! Threw a cryopack of Small Bone Spare Ribs on the barbie today.
The dogs were elated. These freaking things almost made me forget Baby Backs. Perfectly cooked and
not a bad smoke job either. I had some red potaatoes cooked up and mashed them with a fork, threw some Zatarain's
creole seasoning and butter on em and Mange'...mamamia these things were fantastic. have two racks to bring
to work tomorrow.
Attached: mothersdayribs2.jpg (119.6 KB) mothers day ribs1.jpg (122.0 KB) 
[Reply]
forgop 05:24 PM 05-08-2011
Ok, I gave into the peer pressure to try some baby backs...getting ready to pull them off now.
Attached: bbq.jpg (121.2 KB) 
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 05:48 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Ok, I gave into the peer pressure to try some baby backs...
Originally Posted by OLS:
Happy Mother's Day Smoke lovers! Threw a cryopack of Small Bone Spare Ribs on the barbie today...
Great looking ribs guys:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:51 PM 05-08-2011
If it would stop drizzling, I am planning to do another pizza (bbq chicken).
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:08 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
If it would stop drizzling, I am planning to do another pizza (bbq chicken).
Speaking of pizza dough, I was over at Trader Joe's yesterday and noticed they had three varieties of pizza dough you could purchase to make a pizza. Looked like an interesting deal if one was afraid to venture and whip up a batch of dough. You ever try their dough Pete?

[Reply]
pnoon 06:09 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Speaking of pizza dough, I was over at Trader Joe's yesterday and noticed they had three varieties of pizza dough you could purchase to make a pizza. Looked like an interesting deal if one was afraid to venture and whip up a batch of dough. You ever try their dough Pete?

Nope. I usually make my own from scratch.
[Reply]
forgop 06:23 PM 05-08-2011
Spare ribs after 6 hours
Attached: spares.jpg (95.5 KB) 
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 07:13 PM 05-08-2011
All of you have cooked up some great looking ribs. Momma wanted to go out for pasta this evening so that's what she got but I would have rather stopped by one of your houses for those ribs....LOL.

Nice job guys!!!
[Reply]
T.G 10:20 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:

I'll save you the trouble in two words: It sucks.

It used to be exceptional up until about 3-4 years ago, it would yield these great crispy chewy thin crusts. Did you ever get a chance to eat at the original Jacopo's in BH before they closed and sold the name? It was like their old crust. Very NY-ish.

So good that half the time I wouldn't even bother to make dough, I'd just buy it from them. But then they reformulated it, took out at least one of the key ingredients that gave it that fantastic texture and flavor and now, seriously, it's just crappy pulp with no flavor.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:10 AM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I'll save you the trouble in two words: It sucks.
Well, big time ratz! Isn't it a *itch when change occurs? Thanks for the heads-up Adam:-)
[Reply]
Page 103 of 270
« First < 35393101102103 104105113153203 > Last »
Up