Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>RH drop after adding a new box of cigars
kgoings 05:24 PM 11-20-2008
So I know this is common, but how far does the RH usually drop and how long does it stay down?

I got a new box of cigars and put them in...my RH dropped from 65 to 62 and has stayed there for about 4 days.
[Reply]
ucla695 05:29 PM 11-20-2008
I've noticed that my RH will climb a little when I add boxes of wet cigars, so I think it's fair to say that the converse is true. If the cigars were on the dry side when you got them, then they would absorb moisture and bring down your RH a little.
[Reply]
loki 05:40 PM 11-20-2008
wet smokes = higher rh, dry smokes/boxes = lower rh. don't sweat 3 points, it's not a big deal
[Reply]
SvilleKid 01:38 PM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by loki:
don't sweat 3 points, it's not a big deal
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:02 PM 11-21-2008
I'd give it another week or two. It takes a long time for all those cigars to equalize.
Wouldn't hurt to put a sponge in there overnight, either. :-)
[Reply]
tobii3 02:09 PM 11-21-2008
the box itself will absorb a LOT of humidity - this is why you keep extra empty boxes to regulate the RH

Too much RH (wet) - throw a box or some blocks in there

Not enough RH (dry) - throw some fluid/gel/beads in there
[Reply]
Volt 02:16 PM 11-21-2008
As with the other.... Your box/cigars may have been a touch dry. I prefer my RH from 62% - 65%, do no biggie if it was my coolador. If your marginal on beads (just enough to hold your humidity, then a few extra ozs never hurt, I like a lot of beads. I also store empty boxes that may be needed for future singles in the coolador, less of a shock for when I might need it.
[Reply]
Up