Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Electric tooth brushes...
replicant_argent 08:14 AM 10-28-2008
A bit off/on topic, but I am going out to grab one today, any recommendations on brands or models? With the amount of coffee I drink, and tobacco use, I could use all the help I can get between dental appointments.
On topic because oral health care is important to us, or should be, anyway, and I know that some of them also have tongue scraper attachments for our minty fresh kissable breath for our spouses.. :-)

What works, what did you get that sucked, what would/n't you buy again?
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 09:41 AM 10-28-2008
I have a Sonic Care. Not sure which model, but it still works great. They sell interchangable colored heads/bristles for them, so you can buy one and let the whole family use it and/or replace the bristles evry 6-2 months.

I love it!
[Reply]
md4958 09:52 AM 10-28-2008
i had a sonicare too when I lived with an ex-gf. when we broke up she got the sonicare. I loved mine too... planning on getting another one when i can afford it (its either cigars or sonicare)
[Reply]
rizzle 10:00 AM 10-28-2008
We've got an Oral-B Professional Series 8500. Seems to work well. We can take it on weekend trips without needing a charging base and it holds the charge well. Comes with all different kinds of brush heads, etc.

http://www.oralb.com/uk/products/power/procare_8500.asp
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:44 AM 10-28-2008
Go with sonicare. My mom is in the dental insurance business and all the dentists and hygienists recommend the sonicare. I have one that has different settings for example, sensitive teeth, massage, go care, max care, and clean. I dont think I'll ever go back to using a regular tooth brush....too much work lol
[Reply]
tsolomon 10:54 AM 10-28-2008
Oral B Triumph 9000 or higher, best darn toothbrush ever made. Suggested by my dentist. I been making a lot of perodontist visits before switching to the Oral B a number of years ago. I haven't been back since, the toothbrush has some amazing features including a 2 minute timer broken down into 30 second intervals so you can clean top and bottom, inside and out. Mine came with travel case and the adpater is 110/220 compatible. I own 2 of them and got them at Costco which also carries the replacement brushes.
[Reply]
skibumdc 11:20 AM 10-28-2008
Oral B- tirumph 9400. It feels like you went to the Dentist every morning and evening.
[Reply]
kgoings 11:34 AM 10-28-2008
Yup Oral B Proffesional is the way to go, most Dentists sell them in their offices.

Also get a hummingbird flosser, it is a hell of a lot easier than using floss along.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:11 PM 10-28-2008
Oral B for me. I have had the same one for over 3 years now and it keeps on ticking. (not the same head:-))
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:04 PM 10-28-2008
I had one, I went back to manual. It just felt better to me. My opinion only.
[Reply]
dccraft 05:41 AM 10-29-2008
Oral B for me.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 05:42 AM 10-29-2008
I have both an Oral B and a Sonicare. I prefer the Sonicare. Feels better from an ergonomic standpoint, and has a thirty second "interval timer" that I like (tells you when to move on to the next quadrant). Just feels like it just the better job.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 06:15 AM 10-29-2008
Post up another vote for Sonicare. My dentist noticed an amazing difference from when I started using one.
[Reply]
dunng 06:23 AM 10-29-2008
I don't like the big over powering ones... I use the Oral-B Pulsar (http://www.oralb.com/us/products/manual/pulsar/). It's a disposable electric toothbrush, you can get it at any grocery store for a decent price. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:37 AM 10-29-2008
Followup:
Got the Oral B professional 8950 yesterday at Costco. 89.00 minus a 10.00 coupon for a total of 79.00. Pack of 6 or 7 extra brush heads for 32.00.
Charged it yesterday afternoon, first use last night. Impressions?
Nice piece of equipment, teeth felt great afterwards, and I think it did a terrific job just as far as efficiency and the ergos and mechanics feel food. It came with charger, two power handles, a travel case, 2 normal (precision clean) brush heads, two "floss action" heads, and the tongue scraper attachment. I suppose I will try that when I can get over the slight gag reflex I get when trying to use one of those. If the way my teeth/mouth/gums feel after brushing is any indication of further results, I can imagine not only a healthier mouth, but a significant positive impact on the effects of cigar smoking, both staining and to help with "post smoke breath."
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:59 AM 10-29-2008
sonicare. it's what I use... grade A baby.
[Reply]
Molarman777 05:54 AM 10-30-2008
The science is behind the sonicare and the oral b triumph. We sell both at my office more of what the patient expects then we can guide them to the right brush.

Glad you made the purchase and I hope you like it.

The CA Dentist
[Reply]
Up