Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>The differences between Xikar models
Tenor CS 02:59 PM 10-25-2008
I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but ...

I wanted a Xikar cutter to go with my new Palio from Cigarmony.

Lo and behold, Mark has put up a page answering the very question I had, namely: What are the differences between the different models of cutters?

Link Here

The page is short, sweet, and to the point, and helped me make a decision.

Thanks, Mark!
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 03:54 PM 10-25-2008
I always wondered about that...well until I got a palio than I didn't care anymore. :-) But thanks for the info, Mark is awesome.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:59 PM 10-25-2008
nice, but I disagree with the ring 58 max, I have cut several ring 60 cigars with my XI2 :-)

I would love to see pics of the new Xikar cutter in use, they look awesome.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 06:31 PM 10-25-2008
I just got an xi2 from cbid. I'm liking it so far.
[Reply]
Linus 06:51 PM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
nice, but I disagree with the ring 58 max, I have cut several ring 60 cigars with my XI2 :-)

I would love to see pics of the new Xikar cutter in use, they look awesome.
Ask and ye shall receive. I have an Xikar Xi3 Spectra. It's heavy and if I was to do a full cut (rather than a slice) the maximum is 58. I can slice a 60 with no problem however.

[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:20 AM 10-26-2008
thnx, but I actually ment the new slim Xikar cutter.
[Reply]
Linus 06:15 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
thnx, but I actually ment the new slim Xikar cutter.
Ah.. you mean the UltraSlims? Ya.. that one does look kinda awkward to use as there's no finger holes.
[Reply]
rsamos 07:39 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by Linus:
Ah.. you mean the UltraSlims? Ya.. that one does look kinda awkward to use as there's no finger holes.
I agree - it does look a bit awkward. I'd like to hear from some others (or try one) before I got one.
[Reply]
Tenor CS 01:29 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
I always wondered about that...well until I got a palio than I didn't care anymore. :-) But thanks for the info, Mark is awesome.
Heh, I got a Palio and a Xikar xi2 the same week; they actually both arrived the same day. Now I can do a head-to-head comparison.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:36 PM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by Linus:
That's why I want to see it in action :-)
[Reply]
Up