Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>S.T. Dupont X-Tend
Darrell 01:05 PM 10-18-2008
I used my 1st Dupon X-Tend last night and I'm real close at biting the 20% off deal at Cigarmony, how reliable are these lighters, how do they hold up over time? How about if it's windy?
[Reply]
cherrybomb 12:48 PM 10-19-2008
darrell hit me up my tinderbox has them for 90 plus tax. The best lighter you will ever buy just pm DGAR:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 03:24 PM 10-19-2008
Originally Posted by cherrybomb:
darrell hit me up my tinderbox has them for 90 plus tax. The best lighter you will ever buy just pm DGAR:-)
What's the total with tax and shipping USPS priority?
[Reply]
TRicker 05:58 PM 10-19-2008
I have had mine since last March, haven't had any problems yet. I love mine although I got it for free.Don't know if I would pay the scratch for it, as ronson's work great too. But I do like it a lot, and it works well.Hope this helps:-)
[Reply]
floydp 06:15 PM 10-19-2008
Had mine for well over a year and it still works great. I use it everyday.
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:12 AM 10-20-2008
I've had mine for 4-5 years. Never a problem and has a strong flame that works well in the wind :-)
[Reply]
Dgar 10:12 AM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by cherrybomb:
Im not sure how many they have left but I know Chris I both picked our up at the same shop, there 90 bucks anf after tax your still under a bill...

To Darrell's questions.

Reliabilty... I've used my same x-tend for a couple years maybe three years, and it has never failed to light the first time and it has a nice flame. I do nothing to special to care for it, carry in my pocket, bleed it once a year, maybe..... ZERO problems. Only advice I would give is use good fluid, I use Vector,

Wind.... well I guess this might be the one area I've noticed that you might have trouble with, under normal conditions its fine... but Darrell if you live near the bay area I dont know, it gets sort of Windy there, Maybe one the the other Bay area BOTL can fill you in.

You cant go wrong with an X=tend... its a one time purchase.
[Reply]
ucla695 01:12 PM 10-22-2008
I've been using mine for three years and it's still going stong. I love the thing! :-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 05:20 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I used my 1st Dupon X-Tend last night and I'm real close at biting the 20% off deal at Cigarmony, how reliable are these lighters, how do they hold up over time? How about if it's windy?
Hi Darrell,

I have had 3 in rotation for nearly 5 years now with no problems at all.

If you can pick one up for $90 + tax, that's a KILLER deal.

Since Dupont's fire in Feb and TCG (colibri) not renewing their distribution of the St Duponts, there currently is no US distributor. I have heard the Davidoff or Dunhill is going to be the distributor which will most likely force MSRP on them, so get one while you can now.

I hope this helps

~Mark

[Reply]
skibumdc 06:39 AM 10-23-2008
You sure the Tinderbox x-tend isn't the X-tend mini?

That's an amazing price for a full size X-tend. $100 off msrp.
[Reply]
Up