Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Dumb Laws
floydpink 07:43 PM 04-21-2010
http://www.dumblaws.com/

Some real good ones, listed by state.

Someone pulled this up at work today and we had a few laughs.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:51 PM 04-21-2010
The law in AZ about the number of "adult marital aids" you can have in your home always left me laughing :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:57 PM 04-21-2010
One from Wisconsin "It is a class A misdemeanor to wave a burning torch around in the air."

I got to keep those Everclear fire balls to a minimum. :-)
[Reply]
floydpink 07:58 PM 04-21-2010
I like the one about it only being legal to beat your wife as long as it's limited to once a week, but illegal to frown at her on Sundays.

The one about not being legal to keep alligators in your bathtub isn't bad either.

Not to generalize, but the deep South states seem to have the best ones.
[Reply]
M1903A1 08:10 PM 04-21-2010
I always got a laugh out of the Montana law that makes it illegal to hunt game from a streetcar. (Does that apply to buses too? :-))
[Reply]
willbreathes 08:22 PM 04-21-2010
The Ohio one about always having to honk whenever passing a car is kind of misleading. It is meant to be only when passing on a two-lane road, but even when I went through drivers-ed, that wasn't clearly stated in the material.

And on Sunday it is illegal to fish for whales? Must have had a few beers to attempt that in Ohio, ha!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:46 PM 04-21-2010
WOW!!
[Reply]
thebayratt 09:32 PM 04-21-2010
There is one in my home town saying you can't drive a horse drawn buggy down Market Street past 6pm on the weekdays still intact.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 09:57 PM 04-21-2010
Champaign, IL:

One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

hmm...
[Reply]
bonjing 10:58 PM 04-21-2010
THis one from Chico CA:

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:28 PM 04-21-2010
Florida.

It is illegal to commit "unnatural acts"
Oral sex is illegal
The only legal way to have sex is in the missionary style.

Us Floridians have only one thing on our minds apparently.

:-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 11:29 PM 04-21-2010
Originally Posted by bonjing:
THis one from Chico CA:

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
But yet no laws against smoking Arganese cigars...

What's up with that?
[Reply]
icehog3 12:42 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
The law in AZ about the number of "adult marital aids" you can have in your home always left me laughing :-)
You're a felon. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:44 AM 04-22-2010
ZION, ILLINOIS

It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals.
[Reply]
T.G 01:18 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
ZION, ILLINOIS

It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals.
So a giving a lighted cigars to squirrels, raccoons, rats and any other wild animal is presumably ok?

I wonder what all of Carlos's fish think of that?
[Reply]
macpappy 07:13 AM 04-22-2010
In Texas:

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

Some how come Jerry Jones hasn't been arrested for owning the Dallas Cowgirls.

And in Beaumont, TX: Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.
I knew the team was bad when the school disbanded its team but...
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:21 AM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Originally Posted by icehog3:
You're a felon. :-)
You both owe me a new monitor! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:11 PM 04-22-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
So a giving a lighted cigars to squirrels, raccoons, rats and any other wild animal is presumably ok?
The squirrels in my neighborhood will smoke anything but Nubs. :-)

Originally Posted by Mugen910:
You both owe me a new monitor! :-)
I can't, I used all my cash to bail Dustil outta the sh!thouse. :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 12:27 PM 04-22-2010
The funny part about all of this is, There had to be a situation to cause the law to be made. I dont care about the law, I want to know what made the law.
[Reply]
kydsid 01:40 PM 04-22-2010
Apparently I am a major felon because it is illegal to take more than three sips of a beer while standing. :-)

Some of them though the website is the dumb one though: Soldatna, AK "It is illegal to allow and attractive nuisance to exist" Because in a town outnumbered by bears you don't want to prevent people from leaving garbage out. Ya that is stupid.

Or Arizona: 25 years in jail for cutting down a cactus - Well that is for the endangered Saguaro which is only found in Arizona and is the pride of the state. They can live for hundreds of years. So ya we don't want you cutting them down, K.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up