Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Dippers Unite!!
colinb913 07:57 PM 04-06-2010
Well, I searched and searched for dip, dippers, snuffers, and didn't find a smokeless tobacco thread. I am just starting up because its a bit easier to use then having a 6" stick of tobaccy sticking out of my face when playing basketball, or mowing the grass.

Go ahead and discuss your favorite tobaccos and what not.. What do you think is a good tobacco flavor to start with? I am thinking about wintergreen.. Any tips before I start? What are you suckin on?
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:03 PM 04-06-2010
There are a few guys on here I know dip regularly... I enjoy it occationally. When I want fruity flavored, it's Skoal Apple or Vanilla, rarely Peach. For non-fruity it's Kodiak, Cope, or sometimes Grizz. Redseal makes a nice cheaper dip if you are a tin-a-dayer.

On a funny note, my buddy and I got his 16 yr old sister to dip with us one time (Skoal Vanilla)- she insisted on long cut!:-) The look on here spaced out face after a minute or so was PRICELESS :-)

aj
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 08:08 PM 04-06-2010
I chewed Copenhagen for the better part of twelve years mixed in with a bit of Skoal Straight. Started on Redman then went to Kodiak before I found Copenhagen. For me it was the most addictive tobacco substance out there. I quit (after many many failed attempts) when my gums had receded so much I could almost see the root and the sores were more frequent. Not pleasant to hear about but that's my story about dip. I'd stick to cigars if I were you:-)
[Reply]
mickymoose 08:13 PM 04-06-2010
I keep one tin of Skoal that is probably a year old. I use it on long airplane flights. It usually disgusts my fellow passangers and pisses off the stewardess. But I don't care. I need my nicotene on long flights.
[Reply]
colinb913 08:17 PM 04-06-2010
Doc- I wont be doing it alot, just when a cigar isnt a good idea..
[Reply]
G G 08:25 PM 04-06-2010
Been dipping primarily wintergreen for 30 years or so. Right now it's Stokers wintergreen longcut.
[Reply]
RightAJ 08:30 PM 04-06-2010
I usually dip longcut as I have found the fine cut too sand-like... I've heard there is a midcut out there, but who makes it? Any difference? JW

aj
[Reply]
Bruzee 08:57 PM 04-06-2010
I chew Redman, gold blend. I have tried several others, but this is my favorite. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 08:58 PM 04-06-2010
I dip my cookies.

In milk. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:41 PM 04-06-2010
Only place I used to chew was when playing hockey, and then it was RedMan. After USA Hockey banned smokeless tobacco on the behch for adult players, there was no need anymore...I just fire up a cigar after the game.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:45 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I dip my cookies.

In milk. :-)
:-)

Thats the only dipping I do.
[Reply]
loki 09:59 PM 04-06-2010
save something for when you're of age man. gota have something to look forward to
[Reply]
eber 10:16 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
save something for when you're of age man. gota have something to look forward to
:-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:19 PM 04-06-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
That's what Crystal Meth is for. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:35 AM 04-07-2010
Been dipping Copenhagen for almost 35 years. :-)
[Reply]
PitDog 07:43 AM 04-07-2010
Copenhagen for 25 years or so but it started ripping up my gums and lips so now it's Skoal Classic Long Cut. I prefer unflavored but if I have a can that's a little dry I have been known to re-moisten with a little Jack Daniels.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:16 AM 04-07-2010
My farsightedness kicked in and I read this thread as Diapers Unite.
[Reply]
shilala 09:22 AM 04-07-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Been dipping Copenhagen for almost 35 years. :-)
Same here Mac, about 35 years of dipping and chewing scrap.
Sometimes I chew two cans a day. For instance, those two cans of Alaska Copey you gave me, gone in 24 hours. It was awesome. :-)
I generally chew Longhorn Fine Cut because with as much as I chew I can afford it. Lately I've been chewing Red Seal Long Cut cause it's almost free with coupons, and it sucks so I don't chew as much.
But when I don't chew as much, I smoke three or four cigars a day.
If Tom can turn me on to a way I can freebase my nicotine, I'll be smoking it from a meth pipe in no time. I don't even think my body can operate without nicotine. I'd hate to try it. :-)
[Reply]
colinb913 06:12 PM 04-07-2010
That would be pretty cool- freebase nicotine. I just packed in a Camel Snus packet.. Pretty cool invention.
[Reply]
shilala 07:39 PM 04-07-2010
Originally Posted by colinb913:
That would be pretty cool- freebase nicotine. I just packed in a Camel Snus packet.. Pretty cool invention.
I can't get any weeyoo outta those things. I have about three dips of snuff in my face right now and I could use another big dip. I only got one cigar in today, the first one was a big failure.
Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy and winddy, so I wont get any cigars in. I'll probably chew at least a couple cans of snuff. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up