Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How do you brave the cold when smoking outside in winter?
polobear 07:28 PM 08-09-2010
I turned the sandbox from my kid's old playhouse into a firepit. I bundle up a bit and make a big fire. I sit right next to it and can stay warm enough.

This is in northern Colorado winters, mind you. The only time I'm not out there is if it's snowing or if the temp is less than -10 (-8 was rough, but I persevered).
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:43 PM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Here in San Diego we put on long pants and shoes. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
That's right Peter, rub it in! :-)
[Reply]
nozero 07:44 PM 08-09-2010
I move from the patio to the garage where I have a parabolic heater when it's too cold for me.
Attached: parabolic.jpg (8.4 KB) 
[Reply]
bobarian 07:45 PM 08-09-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I smoke in my house, pretty toasty in there. :-)
:-) Cant beat a warm comfy sofa to smoke on! :-)
[Reply]
smokehouse 07:58 PM 08-09-2010
Got one these for the garage.

[Reply]
TheRiddick 07:59 PM 08-09-2010
What's WINTER?
[Reply]
darkleeroy 08:02 PM 08-09-2010
I have to brave the heat when I'm smoking outside in the winter.

When I used to live in TN though, I had a ton of blankets.
[Reply]
xapa97 08:09 PM 08-09-2010
I made a small cigar room in the basement. This was cheap and easy.

I installed a bathroom exhaust fan and vented it similar to how you would vent a clothes dryer. I purchased a couple roles of thick guage plastic from the painting department at Lowe's. I used a cable/romex stapler to secure everything to the bottom of the floor joists (to keep smoke from going upstairs) and then also hung the plastic from floor to ceiling (to keep the smoke from getting to the rest of the basement).

The only down side is that people think I'm running a meth lab when they see it the first time. All in all it only cost about $150 for everything.

This may be an option if you have a basement and are handy (...and also don't mind being called a hillbilly).
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:23 PM 08-09-2010
We gotta see a picture of this!!! :-)

Originally Posted by xapa97:
I made a small cigar room in the basement. This was cheap and easy.

I installed a bathroom exhaust fan and vented it similar to how you would vent a clothes dryer. I purchased a couple roles of thick guage plastic from the painting department at Lowe's. I used a cable/romex stapler to secure everything to the bottom of the floor joists (to keep smoke from going upstairs) and then also hung the plastic from floor to ceiling (to keep the smoke from getting to the rest of the basement).

The only down side is that people think I'm running a meth lab when they see it the first time. All in all it only cost about $150 for everything.

This may be an option if you have a basement and are handy (...and also don't mind being called a hillbilly).

[Reply]
xapa97 08:55 PM 08-09-2010
Here you go bsmokin.
Attached: DSC03971.jpg (87.8 KB) DSC03968.jpg (108.5 KB) DSC03969.jpg (99.3 KB) DSC03967.jpg (82.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Chingas 09:02 PM 08-09-2010
Here you go bsmokin.
Totally reminds me of a kill room from Dexter!

Mad props for making it work Brother!
[Reply]
pektel 07:42 AM 08-10-2010
xapa - nice man cave?

I like the ingenuity. That's much better than braving the bitter cold.

I'm in northern MN. Lots of -20 days in the winter time. As long as there's a good blanket of snow, my garage stays pretty warm without the heater(well, maybe a 10 degree differential from outside.) But it makes a big difference being out of the wind.
[Reply]
bsmokin 08:06 AM 08-10-2010
Here you go bsmokin.
Nice setup MacGyver! :-) Should change your screen name now... :-)

[Reply]
Bill86 12:53 PM 08-10-2010
Sit outside without a jacket, maybe a nice pair of Hawaiian shorts and some sandles . I was born in Michigan lived there for 20 years.....TN winters are a joke.

Originally Posted by Chingas:
Totally reminds me of a kill room from Dexter!

Mad props for making it work Brother!
LOL that's exactly what I thought, kill room.
[Reply]
Volt 01:00 PM 08-10-2010
Hmm I just invite more people to smoke in the shed. More 98.6 add up. Me, Tbone, Mac, Barry, Ghost, etc
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:05 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmm I just invite more people to smoke in the shed. More 98.6 add up. Me, Tbone, Mac, Barry, Ghost, etc
Add the propane heater and it's nice and toasty!! :-)
[Reply]
ucla695 01:08 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
What's WINTER?
I think it's that time of year when you have to find your pair of socks. :-)
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 01:57 PM 08-10-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Brother. I smoke inside. Do a google search for Lamp Berger. That's what I use and you'd never be able to tell I smoke in their all year round, usually multiple cigars a day.

Worth a shot looking into.
I wonder if that's what is clogging up your nose hairs. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
timj219 02:42 PM 08-10-2010
In past years I've never smoked during the winter. But this year I'm looking to fix up part of the basement for myself. My wife never goes down there anyway so I may install an exhaust fan in the window and a heavy curtain in the doorway between my work bench and the rest of the basement.
[Reply]
Gophernut 05:46 PM 08-10-2010
I have a electric furnace hanging in the garage. I only run it when I am planning on smoking which is greatly reduced during the winter. It's around 35,000 btu's and does a nice job of getting a 3 stall garage, insulated and rocked, to around 60-65 degree F in about 15 minutes or so. I bought it from a guy on craigslist for about $250 and paid my neighbor $50 to run the wires, he is an electrician. Works great for those cold Wisconsin winters. Helps melt the snow off the cars also.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up