Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
General Discussion>Job Interview
GreekGodX 05:40 AM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Good luck! Be sure to prepare for the question "What is your biggest weakness?"

I f'ing hate that question.
If I was you I would respond, "Dan". :-)
[Reply]
akakirby 06:06 AM 06-10-2010
good luck!
[Reply]
HK3- 07:05 AM 06-10-2010
Good luck! My wife is an HR Director if you need some pointers or a trial interview over the phone.. just an idea. :-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 07:26 AM 06-10-2010
Good luck..
I think I have read here once or twice "Be yourself, unless you're a @$$hole"

Don't wear a Tux..

NSFW audio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT-j_LSWM_A
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:52 AM 06-10-2010
It's OK to be nervous, but remember to be confident!
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:28 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Good luck! My wife is an HR Director if you need some pointers or a trial interview over the phone.. just an idea. :-)
Thanks for the offer Hal...but a little late for it. I hope I'm prepared at this point in time. If I am not, not much is going to change between now and 11am tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 07:36 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Thanks for the offer Hal...but a little late for it. I hope I'm prepared at this point in time. If I am not, not much is going to change between now and 11am tomorrow. :-)
Well, good luck! :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:38 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Good luck..
I think I have read here once or twice "Be yourself, unless you're a @$$hole"
It's so funny for me to see this posted, because I've been thinking it all day. Everyone tells me to be myself, and when I see or hear that all I can hear in my head is the Bill Cosby skit where he says, "well yes...but what if you're an @$$hole?" It's all I can think everytime I see "be yourself."
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:39 PM 06-10-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Well, good luck! :-)
Thanks man. I really do appreciate the offer.
[Reply]
icantbejon 07:26 AM 06-11-2010
Well...here we go. Interview in an hour and a half.
[Reply]
Wanger 07:59 AM 06-11-2010
Good luck Ferg!
[Reply]
bvilchez 03:37 PM 06-13-2010
So....how did it go?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:35 AM 06-14-2010
I think it went pretty damn well honestly. The interview lasted 2 hours and I ended up talking to way more people than I was scheduled to speak with. I also got an email from the HR manager today letting me know she was calling my references today.

Now I'm just playing the waiting game to find out....which sucks. I definitely would like the instant gratification of knowing right now.

Thanks everyone, for all the well wishes.
[Reply]
Blindjimme 11:57 AM 06-14-2010
Well, hopefully during the interview you weren't yourself! :-) Waiting sucks, good luck Bro.
[Reply]
icantbejon 12:06 PM 06-14-2010
I actually was...and it almost got me in trouble. They asked me about my hobbies and I mentioned cigars. Well come to find out this company has a no smokers policy because of the type of health insurance they offer.

I believe I was able to talk myself out of that jam though. Who in the world anticipates a no smokers policy? Never saw it coming.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:16 PM 06-14-2010
I actually was...and it almost got me in trouble. They asked me about my hobbies and I mentioned cigars. Well come to find out this company has a no smokers policy because of the type of health insurance they offer.

I believe I was able to talk myself out of that jam though. Who in the world anticipates a no smokers policy? Never saw it coming.
:-):-):-)

Good luck!!!:-)
[Reply]
Tenor CS 12:27 PM 06-14-2010
And whatever you do, DON'T TELL THE PIG JOKE.

+1 if you get the reference
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:26 AM 06-21-2010
I continue to wait on this job...ugh. I took my drug test on Wed and they said I will hear early this week pending the results. The suspense is killing me. I'm entirely too much a instant gratification kind of guy for this prolonged process. It's time for someone to just call/email me with a :-) or :-)
[Reply]
Pistol 08:45 AM 06-21-2010

Yeah, I never ever EVER mention this as a hobby in interviews. In corporate America, a smoker = a health liability, and a health liability = a bad thing. When they ask for hobbies, I only mention working out, bike riding, swimming, golf, skiing, etc. I'm not ashamed to be a cigar/pipe smoker, but I need a good job to fund these activities too! I hope you hear the results soon. So, are you leaving active duty? I left about 3.5 years ago, so if you have any transition questions, feel free to PM me.
[Reply]
Pistol 08:51 AM 06-21-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Good luck! Be sure to prepare for the question "What is your biggest weakness?"

I f'ing hate that question.
Everybody says the same thing, "well, I don't have any dehabiliting weaknesses, but if I had to choose something, I'd say that I'm a perfectionist (or I'm too goal-oriented, I'm too focused, I work too hard, etc. etc. etc.)." This question isn't going to win you the job, but it could lose you the job if you don't spin it into something semi-positive. "Boss, basically you are going to have to make me shut it down, because I'm a gosh-darned machine, and I'll work until I pass out if you don't remind me to go home!" :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up