Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cuban Taste?
guitar4001 09:53 AM 03-14-2011
some non-cubans taste better than some cubans. this is just my opinion of course, but I think that its hard to argue that guantanamera, LFdC, Statos de Luxe, Quintero, etc are better cigars than Padron, Tats, Opus X, DPGs, and a host of other well-made non-cuban smokes.

comparing apples to oranges huh?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:02 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by guitar4001:
but I think that its hard to argue that guantanamera, LFdC, Statos de Luxe, Quintero, etc are better cigars than Padron, Tats, Opus X, DPGs, and a host of other well-made non-cuban smokes.
Are you trying to compare $2 cigars to $8-15 cigars?
[Reply]
wayner123 10:05 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Are you trying to compare $1-2 cigars to $8-15 cigars?
I don't think he was trying to compare them at all. It seems more like he was saying that would be unfair to do so.

However, cost has never played a major part in comparison for me. Greycliff's and Gurkha's both have very high prices, but are worse than some $3 cigars, imo.
[Reply]
OLS 10:22 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Are you trying to compare $2 cigars to $8-15 cigars?
He DID...HE DID that! It's OK, He from G'boro, so he alright in my book.
But yeah......he DID that. I would agree that Padron 4 dollar cigars are better than
Guantanamera. Los Statos Deluxe.... closer but Padron wins. I think what I am
saying is that I only buy habanos, and no Padron is going to get me off of that truck.
I love Padrons, to me there is not much better flavor to be found in cigars. But I do
not shop in B&M stores as long as Fidel still delivers.
It's hard to explain. I guess it's best characterized in a scene from....wait, that's SNL.
I MEAN, I have more habanos than I can smoke in two lifetimes, so I do not see NCs as
being worth the money....see? There is no NC that is going to make me go out and start
spending money on MORE cigars. But I try not to bash them as a rule. I just prefer that
delicious tea flavor I only seem to get with CT.
[Reply]
md4958 10:24 AM 03-14-2011
some non-cubans taste better than some cubans. this is just my opinion of course, but I think that its hard to argue that guantanamera, LFdC, Statos de Luxe, Quintero, etc are better cigars than Padron, Tats, Opus X, DPGs, and a host of other well-made non-cuban smokes.

A fairer analogy would be comparing very expensive apples to fruit-snacks. If you wanna be fair compare cigars on a dollar for dollar basis.

I would still take the LFdC, Statos, Quintero over thier NC counterparts though. You can keep the Guant. :-)
[Reply]
akumushi 10:26 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I also find that snorking cc's is not as harsh. Refined is a nice term to describe them, and I agree I don't get much pepper. I've also found the overall scent of the burning cigar to be more pleasant. Well, the gf normally comments on the smell. She likes the smell of most cc's I've smoked around her, but she has yet to like the smell of nc smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device
This is too true. My wife gets on my case about how bad I reek after smoking NCs, but she complains far less about CCs, and has actually said "that smells good" while I was smoking a CC on several occasions.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:33 AM 03-14-2011
Kristoff cigars have an elite cuban taste if you believe the band :-)

Cuban cigars taste like cigars from cuba. Cigars made elsewhere don't :-)
[Reply]
Christiel49 11:31 AM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
But yeah......he DID that. I would agree that Padron 4 dollar cigars are better than
saying is that I only buy habanos, and no Padron is going to get me off of that truck.
I love Padrons, to me there is not much better flavor to be found in cigars. But I do
It's hard to explain. I guess it's best characterized in a scene from....wait, that's SNL.
I MEAN, I have more habanos than I can smoke in two lifetimes, so I do not see NCs as
being worth the money....see? There is no NC that is going to make me go out and start
spending money on MORE cigars. But I try not to bash them as a rule. I just prefer that

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
sam a 12:17 PM 03-14-2011

i personally prefer LFdC and los statos de luxe to padron, tats, opus, and dpgs :-)
[Reply]
Humpdebump 12:42 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
The ToE has never publicly published that information. Participate and contribute to the community and forums will become accessible.
Gotcha, thanks:-)
[Reply]
Bunker 12:55 PM 03-14-2011
Smoke what you like. I don't smoke a lot of CC's.

There are good and bad just like NC's, the problem is you get something that says Habana on the label and you instantly expect it to be the greatest smoke ever.

The last 4-5 I have had were dissappointing.

I like most of the NC's I have paired down my selection to at this point. For the mpost part I know what to expect when I light one. There are a few cc's I could see myself going through the hoops needed to get some but everytime I consider it I ended buying more NC's instead.

I like the easy way when it comes to cigars :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:18 PM 03-14-2011
Cubans taste like Cubans, Nicaraguan taste like Nicaraguan, Dominican taste like Dominican and etc.... I prefer the taste of a Nicaraguan so thats what I buy the most of.
[Reply]
OLS 02:40 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Christiel49:
What part of that, aside from maybe all of it, made you say that, Chris??
I'd be happy to further dig myself into a hole by explaining. :-)
[Reply]
SDmate 02:50 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
Cubans taste like Cubans, Nicaraguan taste like Nicaraguan, Dominican taste like Dominican and etc.... I prefer the taste of a Nicaraguan so thats what I buy the most of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwvB4_Te8A
:-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 04:10 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I don't think he was trying to compare them at all. It seems more like he was saying that would be unfair to do so.

However, cost has never played a major part in comparison for me. Greycliff's and Gurkha's both have very high prices, but are worse than some $3 cigars, imo.
Correct. I am only saying that I prefer MANY non-cuban cigars over the cubans mentioned in the quote.

The way that I read the original post simply referred to "cubans" in general. I am just pointing out the fact that some cubans are known turds. Also, some non-cubans suck at any price.
[Reply]
guitar4001 04:14 PM 03-14-2011
More cigars than two lifetimes eh? There are two of us...i'll take your extra lifetime worth of smokes. I have some high quality pork rinds to trade courtesy of Nahunta Pork Center. They are delicious.
[Reply]
OLS 06:12 PM 03-14-2011
I am actually looking for a woman to share my stash with. Sort of a dowry. But barring success in that,
How do you look in a wig?
[Reply]
icehog3 06:14 PM 03-14-2011
I am actually looking for a woman to share my stash with. Sort of a dowry. But barring success in that,
Do you like Opus X? Then you could ask how someone looks in a wig wam. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 06:17 PM 03-14-2011
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:54 PM 03-14-2011
I was actually thinking of asking you the same question Brad:-):-):-) Got any Tainos???
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up