Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 47 of 60
« First < 37454647 484957 > Last »
Sports>Being a Hockey Parent
Ahbroody 01:34 AM 11-25-2012
Some photos from the game taken by a friend.

E.J notice the number on the front side of helmet. One of the latest cool kid trends. Much like white cages its the in thing right now atleast with younger kids.
[Reply]
E.J. 07:51 AM 11-25-2012
Love that second photo!
[Reply]
E.J. 08:10 AM 11-26-2012
LM is going to miss his first HS game ever.....can't get someone to trade him and has to work..... Assuming they don't have anyone else missing, they should win, but sucks all the same.

Still crossing my fingers for some magic to happen today and he gets it off. Personal responsibility to work vs personal responsibility to your team..... That's a tough one...but I think he needs to show up to work when scheduled if he cannot make other arrangements. Plus, it isn't a HUGE GAME..... Like I said, they should win and the playoffs are not in doubt, assuming they don't chit the bed.
[Reply]
E.J. 11:22 PM 11-28-2012
The HS played the Midget Major AA Regulators(the team the LM would have been on if he would have made the choice to play for them) in a practice game tonight. Won in a shootout.

Nothing great out of the camera....but it's fun all the same.

[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:16 PM 11-30-2012
The last pair of youth skates for my oldest boy. Will have to move to jrs next not looking forward to the price jump. Had the holders from the reebok boots used for his roller hockey skates put on these and had them wedged again. I dont understand why Graf runs smaller runners on their skates then reebok and bauer

Right after he scored.
He likes to wear the Grey gloves with the white Jersey. Diva.
[Reply]
E.J. 10:40 PM 11-30-2012
Great shot of the goal....
[Reply]
Eleven 12:59 AM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
The last pair of youth skates for my oldest boy. Will have to move to jrs next not looking forward to the price jump.
Ahhh the good old days.

We're now into the days of Adult skates and Senior sticks. All I can do now is look back fondly to when we could get a pair of skates for less than $100 and a stick for $30!

Now it's more like $500 and $200 respectively...and one stick isn't enough :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 10:20 AM 12-02-2012
Getting our asses handed to us in Rock Springs. Playing a U18 team and have lost twice, 5-4 & 8-5, down 3-0 & 4-0 to start the games. Unfortunately, seems to be a theam with this team lately, get down 2-3+ goals before the lights turn on?

LM is a plus for both games, but that doesn't make me feel any better about the losses stacking up...
[Reply]
E.J. 10:28 AM 12-02-2012
The size/strength of the U18 kids seems to be a tough task to overcome as a whole with our guys.... They're battling, we'll see if they can take game 3...
[Reply]
E.J. 08:37 AM 12-03-2012
Kicking it in the room, prior to the first game. Strange to travel to a tournament without Michelle or the Little One... Alone watching television, having a beer and some micro-popcorn.

Just helping out when he can....

Telling his goalie, "Nice save."

Celebrate!

Here's their transport....

[Reply]
E.J. 08:41 AM 12-03-2012
More celebrating!

OUCH!!!

Breaking up a rush....

Though he doesn't make it here near as much as with the HS team....he seems to want to visit when he can....

[Reply]
E.J. 11:06 PM 12-05-2012
HS went to 7-2 tonight. LM had a goal and an assist, actually didn't make it to the PB....

First point of the night, great slap shot that was redirected into the net... Just a nice place all the way around.

Put in a nice wrist shot for his goal.....

[Reply]
E.J. 11:06 PM 12-05-2012

Thanking the fans....

[Reply]
E.J. 11:17 PM 12-05-2012
You may notice the "DB" arm bands, it has been 2 years since our trustee, Dave Brown, fell on the ice and sustained injuries that would take his life.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Af4...&feature=g-upl
[Reply]
E.J. 02:47 PM 12-08-2012
Couple from todays skate....

[Reply]
E.J. 02:47 PM 12-08-2012

[Reply]
E.J. 02:49 PM 12-08-2012

Then we went home for a quick shower and grabbed a few friends from her soccer team and headed back to the rink for a skate with Santa....

[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:22 AM 12-11-2012
Great pics of the girl. She seems to get the puck a lot lol. Definitely getting big. Nice to see her taking advantage of the boys.

Kid played a three games this past Sunday. One of the games was against the B squad from the club he left earlier this year. The coach who yelled all the time and didnt think M ever did anything good. He beat the B team pretty much on his own, thankfully that coach doesnt coach the B team. Final score 5-3. He had 3 goals and an assist. He even ran a kid or two over :-). Yesterday they said they were going to try to play their A squad this weekend. I told our team manager it was too soon for him and we would skip that game. Apparently M is viewed as the heart of the team as the manager said he understood and would just cancel if M wasnt going to play. I told him just do the game, but apparently he doesnt want to.

Third game we swore some of the kids were squirts. Never seen 8 year olds that big. We have 2 bigb8 year olds. They were smaller then half the team. It wasnt a league game so we think they just grabbed who ever could make the 2 hour drive. Team is from a ghetto area to put it nicely. The kids were pretty aggressive. Lot of slashing and tripping. Was funny to watch. M got tripped so he got up and started chopping wood on this kid. Watching a 7 year old chirp the $ hit out of another kid while skating down the ice is hilarious. His coach was laughing as well. A few shifts later his teamate got hacked so M skates over and shoulder checks the the kid who did it into the boards. Then not missing a beat boards another kid right next to that kid. The other teams parents started screaming. They werent really calling penalties obviously. His coach looks over at me and says man "M is so feisty". His nickname is apparently "lil $hit"
[Reply]
E.J. 11:02 AM 12-11-2012
One of her coaches from last year, is coaching the team we played above. He came over to me after with a big smile, said his kids were complaining that Ab's was too physical....:-) He really has a soft spot for her, as all her coaches have I guess....something about having a girl out there crushing against the boys. Not bad for a 7 year old girl, eh....:-)

I think it is unfortunate that M is not going to play against that other team, I'd like to see him smoke 'um..... Guess that will happen in time & I'll enjoy hearing about it. I still have a sour taste in my mouth about that coach, couldn't imagine how I'd feel if I was dealing with it first hand....

We're heading to Idaho this weekend, I'm hoping that we have a very successful trip and come back with a lot of confidence heading into Phoenix for a Holiday tourney.
[Reply]
Eleven 11:02 AM 12-11-2012
My kid got a Christmas card in the mail from Kent Hockey Schools the other day. They do this every year, they send a picture of the coaches and a picture of your kid that they took at camp the previous summer. This was my kids pic. He said he went first (alphabetically) and after him, all the other boys started asking for the female counselors to joing in as well!

[Reply]
Page 47 of 60
« First < 37454647 484957 > Last »
Up