Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Verizon Razor Help
Blueface 12:41 PM 01-28-2009
How do I download all the photos and text messages with photos on my Verizon Razor as I now have an iPhone and won't be using that Razor any longer?

I tried using a cord with USB connected to the phone, where I normally put the charger and all it does is charge the phone off my laptop.

There doesn't seem to be any other ports on the phone and there is no SIM card.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:43 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
How do I download all the photos and text messages with photos on my Verizon Razor as I now have an iPhone and won't be using that Razor any longer?

I tried using a cord with USB connected to the phone, where I normally put the charger and all it does is charge the phone off my laptop.

There doesn't seem to be any other ports on the phone and there is no SIM card.
You must email them to yourself. Sux, I know but unless you have an unlimited photo/data plan, you're gonna pay.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:45 PM 01-28-2009
:-)

I think you're screwed. Verizon does it for you from phone to phone (their's of course) but if your Verizon service is cancelled...you are SOL....I think.
[Reply]
md4958 12:45 PM 01-28-2009
you can email them to yourself like peter said, OR there is a slot in the back, behind the battery, where you can insert a micro SD card.

Then just take that card and put it onto your iphone or pc
[Reply]
md4958 12:46 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:

I think you're screwed. Verizon does it for you from phone to phone (their's of course) but if your Verizon service is cancelled...you are SOL....I think.
verizon will not transfer photos. At least they didnt as of last year
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:46 PM 01-28-2009
bluetooth, Carlos..... see if it gives you the option to copy all docs in BT
[Reply]
Blueface 12:47 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
you can email them to yourself like peter said, OR there is a slot in the back, behind the battery, where you can insert a micro SD card.

Then just take that card and put it onto your iphone or pc
Bingo!!!
The phone does have a slot, just doesn't have a card.
Need to find one.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:47 PM 01-28-2009
Can't send them to myself as too late.
Phone number has been ported already.
[Reply]
md4958 12:48 PM 01-28-2009
Bingo!!!
The phone does have a slot, just doesn't have a card.
Need to find one.
i bought mine at costco, 2-pack with the larger converter thingy for like$25
[Reply]
Blueface 12:48 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
bluetooth, Carlos..... see if it gives you the option to copy all docs in BT
Pete,
Remember, this is CARLOS you are talking to.
Can you speak English or Spanish?
[Reply]
Scimmia 02:22 PM 01-28-2009
You need a P2K program, that might allow you to transfer the files directly. If not, you can download a SEEM file, edit it with a hex editor to make make the phone identify itself as a V3MM instead of a V3M, reupload it to the phone, and reboot. Then Motorola Phone Tools will be able to transfer pictures just fine (I've done this method with a Verizon V3).

PM me if you want to take this route, I'll give you a hand.

Edit, I don't believe either of these will get you access to your text messages, though, sorry.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:50 PM 01-28-2009
Just spoke to a very nice guy over at Best Buy and asked me to go over and he will help me.
Seems I can do Blue Tooth from one cell phone to the other.
I almost had it on my own but after the connection takes place, suddenly, it is lost.
Must be something I am doing wrong.
Going to head over there in a bit and see if I can pull it off.
If not, will be back here for some of the other ideas shared with me.
Thanks.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 02:52 PM 01-28-2009
:-) that a way, sonny boy, and soon, we can show ya how to use that there fancy BetaMax thingy.

[Reply]
Kreth 02:54 PM 01-28-2009
Just spoke to a very nice guy over at Best Buy and asked me to go over and he will help me.
Geek Squad? They should be slightly more helpful than randomly pressing buttons, but only slightly.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:58 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Geek Squad? They should be slightly more helpful than randomly pressing buttons, but only slightly.
No, the regular cell guy.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:30 PM 01-28-2009
No, the regular cell guy.
Bluetooth would probably be the cleanest way to transfer everything, but the microSD is probably the most painless.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:36 PM 01-28-2009
Bluetooth did not work as keeps disconnecting.

Tried going on the PC with it and not taking it without a program.
Verizon does offer a program for around $25 for PC, probably about same as SIM process.
[Reply]
Scimmia 05:41 PM 01-28-2009
Even with the program, it won't work without changing the way the phone IDs itself, when it sees it as a V3M, it disables the pictures options. I'm thinking there was a way of tricking the program into misidentifying it by editing a file, can't remember for sure.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:41 PM 01-28-2009
You could also try BitPim.
[Reply]
md4958 06:19 PM 01-28-2009
or you could just get yourself a micro sd card
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up