Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 15 of 39
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
688sonarmen 05:11 PM 12-23-2010
corn holders work well.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 05:17 PM 12-23-2010
Thanks guys, those are good examples.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:18 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
corn holders work well.
As do BBQ skewers and chopsticks... :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:25 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Is there some kind of holder for a cigar when getting down to the last 2-3 inches?
You can straighten a paper clip.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:49 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by TXRebel:
You can straighten a paper clip.
But you can't make it drink.
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:52 PM 12-23-2010
I bought a "Stogie Nubber" at Corona in Orlando and it works great. I will post a pic when I get home.
[Reply]
T.G 06:02 PM 12-23-2010
Is there some kind of holder for a cigar when getting down to the last 2-3 inches?
A RAMclip!

Accept no substitutes!

[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:25 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I bought a "Stogie Nubber" at Corona in Orlando and it works great. I will post a pic when I get home.
Ask a couple B&M's amd they never heard of anything.

Originally Posted by T.G:
A RAMclip!

Accept no substitutes!

One of the "smoke" shops suggested a "roach" clip. Looks similar to this.

Where can I pick one of up?
[Reply]
T.G 06:37 PM 12-23-2010
One of the "smoke" shops suggested a "roach" clip. Looks similar to this.

Where can I pick one of up?
Office supply stores, trade shows, promotional items suppliers. The RAMclip is actually a memo clip holder sent out by a brother on another forum whose login is Ram27 (hence the nickname)

If you want just the clip, you can get the bare alligator clips at any electronics store, even a sucky pseudo-electronics store like Battery Hut (Radio Shack). There are some that have an insulated grip for use a meter probe, HERE that would give you something to hold on to.

You could contact Troy, AKA: Boom, and see if he makes a nubbing spike of some sort, or if he can make you a custom grip for fitting an alligator clip to.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:42 PM 12-23-2010
I was thinking of something like that but wouldn't it wrapper?
[Reply]
T.G 06:53 PM 12-23-2010
I was thinking of something like that but wouldn't it wrapper?
Wrapper like what? Sing "Ice, Ice Baby..."? Gawd, I hope not.

Yes, the spike will put a hole in the wrapper and the alligator clip might damage the wrapper a bit, but really, we're talking about the last 1" of a cigar - it's not going to make a difference. The cigar will fall apart from the inside out, at that point, a little bit of wrapper damage won't mean anything. You're going to set the clip/spike once and that's it, you're not going to be moving them around much.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:56 PM 12-23-2010
Jokes?

I ment more in the line of tearing off a piece but I guess they are not so delicate.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 06:57 PM 12-23-2010
Jokes?

I ment more in the line of tearing off a piece but I guess they are not so delicate.
[Reply]
T.G 07:10 PM 12-23-2010
Some wrappers are more delicate than others. Most will probably hold up to a slight pinching, a few might not (Connecticut shade comes to mind) and they'll crack.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 07:13 PM 12-23-2010
Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
jet66 07:36 PM 12-23-2010
The Stogie Nubber. Looks like they run in the ~$10-$15 range.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:11 PM 12-23-2010
Here you go:

http://www.stogienubber.com
[Reply]
staminator 10:26 PM 12-23-2010
I have never smoked the last inch or so. Is there a reason I would want to? :-) Clearly some people think so or these products would not be made.
[Reply]
T.G 10:35 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by staminator:
I have never smoked the last inch or so. Is there a reason I would want to? :-) Clearly some people think so or these products would not be made.
A long time ago, I read some advice on when to stop smoking any particular cigar you happen to be enjoying at the time. It went something like this:

"There is no set point at which you put down a cigar for last time. You stop smoking the cigar when you stop enjoying it, as to not ruin the pleasant memory of the part you have already enjoyed. Be it at the halfway point, the band, an inch left or until you burn your fingers. That's when you set down the cigar."

If it means anything, that advice came from Steve Saka.
[Reply]
staminator 10:41 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
A long time ago, I read some advice on when to stop smoking any particular cigar you happen to be enjoying at the time. It went something like this:

"There is no set point at which you put down a cigar for last time. You stop smoking the cigar when you stop enjoying it, as to not ruin the pleasant memory of the part you have already enjoyed. Be it at the halfway point, the band, an inch left or until you burn your fingers. That's when you set down the cigar."

If it means anything, that advice came from Steve Saka.
Well that works for me. That is the exact reason I stop smoking usually with an inch or so left on most cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 39
« First < 5131415 161725 > Last »
Up