Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Halliburton Cases
AdamJoshua 12:40 AM 01-05-2014
Just a quick question to those of you that use them, did you buy the "official" cigar case, the Diplomat or Ambassador, or are you using one of their less expensive cases with your own foam trays for cigars or just pack them with cigars in finger bags?

Second quick question, do all of their cases have the rubber seal?

Thanks!
[Reply]
bighairlogo 04:53 AM 01-05-2014
I know some of their luggage cases do not have a rubber seal
[Reply]
T.G 09:47 AM 01-05-2014
The 100C and the Ambassador are the exact same shell. Both have the gasket.

I have the 100C and just use bags, it's not as organized, but I can get 45-50 cigars in there + accoutrements vs 30 in three trays of 10. Trays vs bags is kind of a cello on/off debate, everyone has their own preference and method.
[Reply]
The Poet 10:01 AM 01-05-2014
Can I put my :-) in here, Adam, without offending anyone? Aside from my cigar obsession, I worked in a camera shop for 8 1/2 years. IMHO, a Halliburton case is great for expensive camera bodies and lenses, but a bit of overkill for cigars. Yeah, they are classy and cool, but I think that, for a lower price, one would be better served with a Pelican. They are less susceptible to damage (you can't ding 'em when you drop it in the parking lot when leaving a herf drunk on your @$$), and are about as weatherproof as a submarine.

As I said, just my :-), and worth every penny.
[Reply]
T.G 10:29 AM 01-05-2014
They're both good cases. I used a pelican case for many years before switching to the Halli. I personally prefer the lack of unnecessary bulk that the Halli offers.

I've also herfed with guys who always show up carrying hundreds of bucks, if not more, worth of cigars in a one gallon ziplock bag, so, it's really all about what you prefer and feel comfortable with.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:26 AM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
They're both good cases. I used a pelican case for many years before switching to the Halli. I personally prefer the lack of unnecessary bulk that the Halli offers.

I've also herfed with guys who always show up carrying hundreds of bucks, if not more, worth of cigars in a one gallon ziplock bag, so, it's really all about what you prefer and feel comfortable with.
:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:48 PM 01-05-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:

As long as he doesn't carry the pastries in a ziplock bag :-)

Thanks the the input all and yes the big herfador case is a bit much to hall around and I do have smaller but have been looking at the Hallis more lately,
ther camera gun cases are quite a bit cheaper than the cigar cases and I use
finger bags as well anyway.
[Reply]
Up