Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Ok, I need a real cutter...Xikar or Palio?
Brlesq 07:03 AM 10-12-2012
I have both, both work just fine, but I like the way the Xikar functions better (I am less likely to take off a finger tip or get my skin pinched!)
[Reply]
Fuzzy 07:32 AM 10-12-2012
Might as well get both and maybe add a punc and CC Perfecto to the order, too. The accessory slope can be as slippery as any other slope.
[Reply]
pektel 08:11 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I was hoping for a poll.
That's what she said.
[Reply]
greytowhite 03:49 PM 10-12-2012
I prefer the aesthetics of the XiKar but the Palio is so much easier to use and handier.
[Reply]
dozer 03:03 PM 10-13-2012
Bought a Palio and have been very pleased.
[Reply]
Frodo 04:23 PM 10-13-2012
I have and use both and although they feel different in the hand, both do the job equally well. I think this is a money issue. If money is really tight, get the Xi2 with the plastic housing - about $5 less than the Palio. If you have the money, a cheap Xi3 does just as good a job as the Palio with a slightly bigger RG (max 56Rg vs Max 54 for the Palio). A Palio sits in the middle of these two costs and (most importantly) feels different in your hand from the Xikars.

If I had to do it again, I would have bought a cheap Xi3 but you can't loose with either.
[Reply]
oooo35980 04:30 PM 10-13-2012
I like my Xikar, if you have a good b&m near you and it breaks, or your son tries to cut through a steel bolt with it. They will just swap it for you and do the paperwork to send back your old one. YMMV of course.
[Reply]
OpusEx 05:49 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by BlindedByScience:
One bit of advice I'll offer is no matter what you have for a cutter, you need to clean them every so often. I picked up a pack of alcohol wipes at the pharmacy and they are "the bomb" for this job. What happens is that over time, tobacco oils coat the blades and cutting surfaces, making them appear dull and providing a lousy cut. Clean, either of these cutters should last more than a lifetime, but dirty, neither will do the job satisfactorily.

Cheers - B.B.S.
From your mouth to everyones ears! We have a "Use & Care" section on the Palio website addressing this very thing.

Originally Posted by poker:
I own & use Palios. But then again, I know the owner & he shows up at my house every now & then and I dont wanna piss him off :-):-)
Now you could never piss me off sir :-)

Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Mike,Palio is owned by a member and brother many of us know personally.

Your satisfaction with his product will be complete.Period.

:-)
Thanks Dave

Originally Posted by oooo35980:
I like my Xikar, if you have a good b&m near you and it breaks, or your son tries to cut through a steel bolt with it. They will just swap it for you and do the paperwork to send back your old one. YMMV of course.
We at BOTL, LLC offer the same exact thing and in fact have personally called B&M's to make sure that they knew a Palio customer was going to be coming in and that they were to swap out that persons cutter no questions asked. Once we even had a person who was on vacation go into a shop near where they were staying and made sure to send the version of their cutter to the store, so it was waiting for them.

Lastly, the question in the original post is often asked and to be honest most of the time I see responses that generally say they prefer xikar mostly due to aesthetics.

Though we would never sacrifice any part of what the Palio cutter does for some aesthetic value...

A little teaser for the folks as to what we're working on, thank you all for your support!
Attached: PalioXL.jpg (51.5 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 05:51 PM 10-13-2012
I have seen the future...and the future is Palio. :-)
[Reply]
OpusEx 06:09 PM 10-13-2012
I'd like to add that we're very proud around here to say that of the two cutters referred to in this post, only one is made completely in the USA of 100% American made components. Image
[Reply]
Catfish 06:38 PM 10-13-2012
A Stainless Palio? I'd buy one.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:40 PM 10-13-2012
Ooooooh, shiny! :-)
[Reply]
Remo 06:42 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by Catfish:
A Stainless Palio? I'd buy one.
:-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 06:53 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by OpusEx:
From your mouth to everyones ears! We have a "Use & Care" section on the Palio website addressing this very thing.

Now you could never piss me off sir :-)

Thanks Dave

We at BOTL, LLC offer the same exact thing and in fact have personally called B&M's to make sure that they knew a Palio customer was going to be coming in and that they were to swap out that persons cutter no questions asked. Once we even had a person who was on vacation go into a shop near where they were staying and made sure to send the version of their cutter to the store, so it was waiting for them.

Lastly, the question in the original post is often asked and to be honest most of the time I see responses that generally say they prefer xikar mostly due to aesthetics.

Though we would never sacrifice any part of what the Palio cutter does for some aesthetic value...

A little teaser for the folks as to what we're working on, thank you all for your support!
Based on all of this, and to boot you're a CA member, I'm gonna pick up a Palio.
[Reply]
Catfish 07:11 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
Based on all of this, and to boot you're a CA member, I'm gonna pick up a Palio.
Soon as I see a stainless one, i'm all over that. :-)
[Reply]
EricF 07:16 PM 10-13-2012
Me Too!!! :-)
[Reply]
lenguamor 07:44 PM 10-13-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Ooooooh, shiny! :-)
I admit it...I'm a bit hard.
[Reply]
Zane 07:51 PM 10-13-2012
Ditto!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:21 PM 10-13-2012
I'd like to add that we're very proud around here to say that of the two cutters referred to in this post, only one is made completely in the USA of 100% American made components. Image
Palió - A cut above. :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 08:26 PM 10-13-2012
This alone is the reason I am getting one
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up