Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 26
< 123 4513 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Waxing Moon Humidor Thread
WaxingMoon 08:55 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I would LOVE to find a way to build one out of American Red Cedar. The problem with that is the aromatic cedar would surely ruin a cigar. I may experiment with some ways to seal the cedar before applying the interior Spanish Cedar. It's an iffy idea, at best. But American Red Cedar is some of the prettiest wood around.

Have you busted the myth and built a useable model out of Red Cedar yet?
If you seal the interior with shellac - it should be fine.... as long as your inner spanish cedar lining is tight..... I don't see where it would be an issue....
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 09:00 PM 10-19-2010
WMWH59 - Ziricote & Gabon Ebony

WMWH62 - Jataboa (Brazilian Cherry)

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 09:00 PM 10-19-2010
Well.... after all that glue dried.... it was time to run everything through the thickness planer.... Now, most of the parts are the proper thickness and set up the way they need to be.... should have some boxes this time tomorrow...

WMWH53 - Cherry & Walnut

WMWH54 - Walnut

WMWH56 - Walnut & Cocobolo

WMWH57 - Quilted Maple & Cocobolo

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:42 PM 10-23-2010
WMWH59 - Ziricote & Gabon Ebony

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:43 PM 10-23-2010
Coming right along.... did the 45's on the boxes, still need to glue them together.... so, what you see, they're just standing there.... Tomorrow will be a spanish cedar day... I need to make the bottoms before I can glue up the boxes....

WMWH53 - Cherry & Walnut

WMWH54 - Walnut

WMWH57 - Quilted Maple & Cocobolo (Made the bottom on this one, the base and the center ring are glued up)

[Reply]
sikk50 06:34 PM 10-23-2010
For some reason when I saw the color of wood in that darker one my first thought was it'd be cool if you used a wood with an orange color for kind of a halloween theme, but then again this is my favorite time of year and that's my mind state currently :-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 07:27 PM 10-23-2010
That Ziricote & Gabon Ebony one is looking freakin' phenominal!

I'm dieing to see the finished product on that one! :-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:31 PM 10-23-2010
Quilted Maple & Cocobolo is coming out awesome. You have some great projects this time.Looking good as always.
[Reply]
nick2021 11:36 PM 10-24-2010
Damn nice work! As always, love the craftsmanship and effort put into the humidors!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 03:23 PM 10-25-2010
I spent most of the day today playing around with Spanish Cedar... The owner of #52 requested that I install an Accumonitor EZ in the cavernous space.... and I had the thing all but done.... but, I simply didn't like it. There were too many wires exposed and that big black tank sitting in the corner... I well..... started over.....

Here's what I came up with. It will allow for ventilation with the cuts between the top portion and the lower portion.... and the top portion is offset 1/8" to securely sit on top... the gaps below are 5/8" deep by 1/2" wide with a 1/4" between them... so, the water reservoir should have plenty of breathing room to do it's thing... Plus, the top lifts off for easy maintenance, etc...

Now, I think I am just going to build 4 stackable trays on each side and call it a day with this bad boy.... and then send her on it's long journey to London....

I should have it done...done...done tomorrow, or wednesday...with the final waxing and all... But, man... I'm glad this is done. What do ya'all think?

[Reply]
Eleven 06:08 PM 10-25-2010
HUGE.

me likey!
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 06:21 PM 10-25-2010
You sir, have a gift. BRAVO.
[Reply]
longknocker 07:55 PM 10-25-2010
WOWWWWW!!! Great Job, Ed!:-):-)
[Reply]
Louistogies 09:46 PM 10-25-2010
Fantastic craftsmanship. Keep it up!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:47 PM 10-31-2010

Bop's..... #52

Cabinet Insert:

[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:49 PM 10-31-2010
Busy day in the shop over the last couple of days. I didn't get much done during the working week.... things were kind of nuts at my "real job"... Man, I'd sure like to be able to give it up and do this 100%.... We'll see how things go...

I worked on the lids....and pretty much have them ready to bevel. But, first, I need to get the spline work done... that shouldn't be too bad.

I did the tray work on Bop's humidor #52.... I decided to rework the encasement for the accumonitor.... toying with those "waffle" looking things I made up out of SC.... I kind of like that... Might have to do my trays that way too... not sure yet...

Also, I finally finished up a cabinet insert I am doing for another BOTL…. Just need to get some drawer pulls.. Covered the drawers with Ambrosia Maple

WMWH53 - Cherry & Walnut

WMWH54 - Walnut

WMWH57 - Quilted Maple & Cocobolo

WMWH59 - Ziricote & Ebony

[Reply]
longknocker 04:00 PM 10-31-2010
Looking Good, Ed!:-)
[Reply]
Ranger_B 05:29 PM 10-31-2010
Looking great. What are you going to inlay on 59? More Ziricote? Have you ever thought of stone or copper to place in there?
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 05:42 PM 10-31-2010
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
Looking great. What are you going to inlay on 59? More Ziricote? Have you ever thought of stone or copper to place in there?
I'm going to put a 2 way mirror on that one.... smoke color... Should look pretty good, will see the stogies through the top, then the reflection when you open it...
[Reply]
Ranger_B 10:32 PM 10-31-2010
Thats going to look sweet can not wait to see that done.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 26
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up