Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #5
Don Fernando 06:28 AM 12-20-2010
Not too long ago the La Aroma de Cuba came on the Dutch market under the name La Aroma del Caribe and the Dutch distributer started with the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #1, La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #2 and the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #3 and now he brought the La Aroma del Caribe edicion especial #5, a 5½x52 belicoso to the Dutch market for a retail price of 7 euro. I liked the first three vitolas, so I couldn't wait to try this Don Pepin made cigar from Ashton.

The cellophane wrapped cigar has a medium brown, mild shiny and oily wrapper with a double band. The top of the cigar is a bit blunt for a belicoso and the wrapper doesn't have a lot of veins. I smell some wood and a barnyard smell. The construction feels a bit hard, but the predraw is easy and has a mild spicy taste to it.

I taste dry coffee, mildly bitter, and something that reminds me of cinnamon. The coffee morphs into wood. After half an inch I taste herbs and spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. After almost an inch I also taste some dark chocolate.

Halfway I taste wood with herbs and some nutmeg and every now and then some cocoa powder. After two thirds the spices are getting stronger and I taste wood too with a mild pepper in the aftertaste.

This cigar lasted me an hour and fifteen minutes and I got a lot of thick smoke. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. The draw is great, just like the burn. This cigar is medium bodied and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
kugie 07:15 AM 12-20-2010
Thanks for the review.
:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 07:40 AM 12-20-2010
Thanks Bro. I still need to try this one. Have had a few of the others
[Reply]
lyle23 09:14 PM 12-20-2010
Great review again. I love the la aroma de cubas. Each one i have had has been amazing.
[Reply]
Up