Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Chateau Real magnum 46 maduro
Don Fernando 02:02 AM 12-17-2010
The Chateau Real brand is part of the Drew Estate family, a cigar company that really surprised me pleasantly with the Liga Privada, so I wanted to try the Chateau Real too. A few days ago, I smoked the magnum 46 with the claro wrapper and this time I smoked the maduro version of the same cigar. This is a 5 ⅝x 46 cigar made from aged Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco. The cigars are new to the Dutch market and have a € 5.50 price tag.

The wrapper is nice and dark with a few thin veins and it looks dry. The construction feels good and the cigar has a bit of a floral aroma to it. The predraw is fine and tastes floral too.

I taste chocolate, dark and a bit bitter, with some sweetness and a hint of an earthy flavor. After three quarters of an inch I also taste some herbs and a little salt. The chocolate remains the main flavor but halfway it gets accompanied by some pepper. The chocolate feels a bit sticky on my palate.

The chocolate becomes stronger, it is like sucking on some dark chocolate and on the background I taste some hazelnuts. I still taste the pepper too. Near the end the cigar becomes quite spicy.

This cigar lasted me an hour and thirty five minutes. The ash is white and is firm. The smoke is thick and white. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied. The burn and the draw are very good.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will, this is a nice early in the day smoke for a friendly price

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
RatherUneek 09:33 AM 12-17-2010
Is the only difference between this one and the other your reviewed the wrapper? I really enjoyed the other one and may have to give this a try. I have not seen this version around my local B&M's I may have to search online. Thanks for the review. Great job!
[Reply]
T.G 10:43 AM 12-17-2010
Originally Posted by RatherUneek:
Is the only difference between this one and the other your reviewed the wrapper? I really enjoyed the other one and may have to give this a try. I have not seen this version around my local B&M's I may have to search online. Thanks for the review. Great job!
Yeaup. Primarily just the wrapper, possibly some minor blend tweaking too.

Unless Jon has put them back into production very recently, the Maduros are discontinued.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:27 AM 12-17-2010
One of the first maduros I ever torched. :-)
[Reply]
Up