Length: 6 1/4"
Ring Gauge: 48
Size: Corona Gorda
Filler: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Dominican Republic
Strength: Full
Price: $13.00

In every discipline there are groundbreakers – those that are eager to strive for something far greater than the status quo. Much like Beethoven revolutionized music with his compositions and Picasso forever altered the course of art with his paintbrush, perhaps no other traditional cigar maker has proven to be as transformative to the industry as Arturo Fuente with the first ever Dominican puro.

It only takes a passing glance to realize that the Fuente Fuente Opus X PerfecXion X is a gorgeous looking cigar. The seams on this oily, richly-hued wrapper are nearly invisible. The roll is perfect, the triple cap was applied with the care of a true artisan, and if that wasn’t enough, the alluring and finely detailed band is absolutely without peer. The appearance and construction of this cigar sets the standard to which all others aspire.

The Opus X was very slowly roasted with a cedar spill until an even coal developed. The general aroma given off during toasting was almost reminiscent of perfume. After taking a few gentle draws it was clear that this cigar has a very unique flavor profile that consists predominantly of a warm cedar and pepper spice along with leather. Subtle tones of walnut, lightly roasted coffee, and sweetened milk chocolate round out the cigar while lending a refreshing balance. The sweet and woody finish is persistent but restrained in a way that doesn't weigh on the palate.

This particular vitola lives up to the Opus X mystique as an elegant, timeless classic enjoyed by cigar aficionados for its complex flavor smoothed to perfection by careful blending and the gentle hands of time.

Total Score: 96/100 points - A timeless classic
[Reply]
Ogre 10:42 AM 12-12-2010
It is a great cigar with a little time under its belt. I have tried a couple out of the box, good, but not great. Thanks or the review.
[Reply]
bsslack 01:38 PM 12-12-2010
I have a real soft spot for the OPUS -X line.
They can be spotty on occaision, but when They are on they can run with any brand. The Fuente Fuente is one of my Favorite three Fuentes. This cigar, the Petite Lancero and the XXX are my 1-2-3 of the Opus line.

Nice review!

Cheers! :-)

slack :-)
[Reply]
ajacobs 04:17 PM 12-12-2010
Thanks for the review. A size I haven't tried yet.
[Reply]
Up