Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Casa Marina churchill
Don Fernando 08:33 AM 11-30-2010
A friend gave me this cellophane wrapped 7x48 Casa Marina churchill, a cigar that was unknown to me and I can't find any information about it on the internet as well so I can't really tell anything about the brand, the blend, the company behind the cigar or anything.

I don't like the band, it is unclear. The wrapper has a nice mocha color with some darker spots and is smooth, mild oily and just once thin vein. The cigar has a mild sour straw smell. The construction feels good and the predraw, which has a fresh tobacco flavor with some pepper, is fine.

I taste some bitter herbs. The bitterness disappears after an inch and I get a mild herbal flavor with something unrecognizable. I just know that this cigar has Indonesian tobacco in it, I can taste it. But it's not an Indonesian puro.

After a third I taste some chocolate and soon after a mild herbal flavor again with a metallic touch to it. Halfway some wood joins the flavors and near the end the cigar gets spicier and I can even taste some nut.

This cigar lasted me an hour and forty minutes. I got just a little bit of thin smoke. The draw is a bit hard and the burn dies quickly. The white ash is compact and firm. This cigar is medium bodied and mild flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? Never

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 5 / 10
Aroma first part: 5 / 10
Aroma second part: 5 / 10
Aroma third part: 5 / 10
[Reply]
Up